Chapter 12- "Midnight Snack"

A/N- Since the anniversary of the story was on New Years of 2015 I will probably update a lot getting closer to New Years. Thank you for staying strong because I know I am slow to update. Sometimes it takes a little comment. If you comment more reminding me, I'll probably update more.

(BTW: I know there are many mistakes. I haven't edited yet. I will once the story is over, so I apologize sincerely if I spell something wrong.)

Bill's POV

     I brushed my teeth, took my shower,  and changed back into the casual clothes I was in (refer to Chapter 8).

     I know I'm a dream demon, but when in human form I have to take care of myself. Just one of the three small prices I have to pay in order to take on this form. Aging quicker and being vulnerable to human weaknesses were the other two.

     Even though I knew I'd be exhausted tomorrow I still was going to work on the project. I need to get this machine done as quickly as possible. It'll all be worth it in the end.

-Time Skip- (I'm so proud of myself!  FIRST TIME SKIP EVER!!!) (/•U•)/

     My legs were aching for rest, eyes dropping to the ground. My arms felt so numb I don't think I hardly had control over them anymore. Sweat glands decorated my face like ornaments on a Christmas Tree. My damp bangs stuck to my forehead.

     It would normally probably be easy to accomplish such a task, but I was hardly used to this form. I only have basic knowledge of the human body, such as necessities.

     As much as I'd love to use my demon form right now I just couldn't. I have to be extremely accurate with the placement of everything. One tiny mistake and everything I've worked for could be ruined.

     I glanced at the clock on the wall.

     "Only five more minutes til midnight," I mumbled to myself when I heard a floorboard creak.

     The dream scape was unbelievable dark in the morning, so at night it was pitch black. However, I could see because of my powers.

     I swiftly moved towards the door and cracked it open. I saw Shooting Star creep down the hallway. She was opening doors along the way and mumbling to herself,  while holding on to the sides of the hallway.

     I couldn't quite make out what she was saying, so I floated onto the ceiling. I walked across the ceiling til I was right behind her.

     I heard her faintly mummble, "Where's the darn kitchen around here?"

     I couldn't help,  but be confused by her. She said earlier she wasn't hungry yet here she was. She knew if I found her she be in deep.....

     "Bill?"

     I snapped out of it when I heard her say my name. She wasn't facing me, but I think she knew I was behind her. Even still.... I remained standing silently behind her.

    "I know you're behind me," she stated confidently.

     I flipped off the ceiling and landed right behind her. My shoes made a soft tap as they hit the ground.

     "Your lucky I need you for this project. If I didn't you'd be starving about now," I growled harshly walking past her.

     She followed me without a single question asked. I think she knew I was walking towards the kitchen. Even so, why would she trust me? After all, I could just be leading her in a trap! Why does she confuse me,  so much?! Humans were confusing enough as it is. Yet here I am, stuck with the weirdest and most confusing girl on the planet.

     I stopped, faced a door to the left,  and opened it. She could see because of the light now emanating from the kitchen. I walked in, her following behind me. I just sat down in one of the four chairs surrounding the table. The one farthest from the door and closest to the fridge. Shooting Star walked towards the fridge to get something to eat.

     "So why exactly are you in here? I know you hate my guts and all, so being around me is probably far from what you want to be doing right now," she questioned while looking at me.

     "While that is true I have to make sure you don't escape. Even though I'd gladly kill you if you ran away I need your help on this project," I retorted.

     She turned her focus from me to the fridge, not phased by my answer.

     "So this is a big place to be in all alone," she casually mentioned while rummaging through the fridge.

     By this time my patience was running low. It's a good thing I've been working on my anger issues. I'm fully aware that I have them and that was my weak point. I let my anger control my actions. That was why most of the time my plans wouldn't succeed, so I took a breather.

     "That's none of your business, so eat or leave," I snapped.

     She pulled out some bread, sandwich meat,  and condiments and set it on the counter, which was to the left of the fridge.

     "I was just curious. It seems like it would get lonely in here sometimes,"she solemnly replied facing me.

     I pounded my fist on the table and stood up. "I said SHUT UP!!!" I said yelling the second part.

     She flinched a little and looked at me shocked. I don't see why. I mean does she honestly think I'll except her pity and everything will become right with the world.

     She didn't say anything the rest of the time while she made her sandwich and ate it. I was thankful because I don't think I could've held in my anger any longer.

     I walked her back to her room and walked to mine. I sat on the floor because I was too tired emotionally and physical. After something like that I don't think I could work.

     Memories kept flooding back in my head. I couldn't stop myself from having them flood back in. All the good times before it was like this.

     "I wasn't always like this. People turned me into this."

     My body started shaking and I could feel tears pinch my eyes. One tear slipped down my face. Two. I started crying. The wall I had built up fell for just tonight, but by tomorrow everything would be back to normal.

Mabel's POV

     I laid on my bed, deeply confused at what happened. At first I thought he was just born like this, but I'm thinking something changed him. I want to find out what it is though.

     Even though he did all those things to me and my family maybe he had a reason. Not a valid one of course because nothing could validate killing everything on Earth, but some reason none the less. Even so, what could be so bad he'd want to wipe out a whole planet.

     "Maybe I could persuade him," I muttered to myself.

     After all, he did get upset when I mentioned being alone. No one who has a heart wants to he alone. So maybe deep down somewhere he actually has a heart. Maybe he's just hiding it from everyone. The question is why though.

     Since I've got a while here I'll try and open him up a little. If I'm lucky I could change his mind in the process.

     I find it funny though. Just this morning I hated his guts. I loathed his whole being... but now. Now I'm not, so sure. Now I want to help him escape the pain he's drowned in.

     How could I go from despising someone, so much.... to wanting to help them so bad.

     (A/N- This was NOT a Mabill chapter. This was simply a relationship builder chapter from enemies to friends. Btw, chapter contest is extended to December 26th. The winner's chapter idea will posted and they will be given credit. However, if I don't think any of them go well with the plot I will just make my own. There can be more than one winner though. That's all for now. Thanks!!!)

- Rose Michelle