Kel's POV

"What did he say?" Azendra asks after I get off the phone with Cole. "He not tryna go." "You had to know that was coming." She says, rubbing my shoulders. "I figured that. But it was worth a shot." "Are you going?" "Nah. If my brother ain't going, there's no reason for me to go." "What about all the shit you told him? You don't wanna know your family?" She retaliates and I sigh, laying back against her chest. "I mean ... I do. But I don't. Ion really know anymore, Azendra. It's always been us. Just us. Even when our parents were alive." "It's your choice, baby. You got my support on whatever you decide." She says, kissing my forehead.

*8:33 pm*

"Hello?" "Did Cole tell you what I talked to him about?" "No. What did y'all talk about?" "Our 'family' is having a family reunion over Thanksgiving break. Our 'aunt' wants us to come. I told her that we'd come but Cole said nah." "What you want me to do?" "Talk to him. Try to convince him of going." "I can't do that. You know how he feels about ya family." "You can try." "Come on, Kel. You know him better than anyone." "Yea. But you're his girlfriend." I respond, running a hand over my face. "I can't make him do anything though." "Why not?" I ask. Anything Azendra says I'll do. Ion understand why Kyrie can't get Cole to do the same. "It's his choice. And he probably has valid reasons." "Please, sis. I just need you to at least give him some pros of the situation." "Aight, man. I'll talk to him. But I'm not guaranteeing anything." "Thank you. Call me later." "Aight. I'll holla." Kyrie says and we hang up. It's a gamble that he'll change his mind. He shut down after our parents died. And he never really thought that we had other family. Cole that we were just dropped down onto earth and had no origin. He said it so much that I started thinking the same way. I lay back on the bed and close my eyes. "Don't worry, babe. Even if he doesn't decide to go, we can still make the trip." Zeny says and I look up at her, kissing her lips. "I love you." "I love you too." She replies.