Chapter 33 - Mercenaries

After two days stuck in a fighter, Obi-Wan breathed a sigh of relief when the Delta-7 transitioned from hyperspace to the final system on their flight plan. What he was not expecting was running into a full squadron of fighters greeting Ahsoka and him upon exit from hyperspace.

A stern voice came over their comm channel. "Unidentified fighters, you have entered into Mandalorian-controlled space. Leave or be fired upon. This is your only warning."

Ahsoka replied from her Delta-7, "Commander Wolffe, this is Fulcrum. Again, this is Fulcrum, clearance code Forn-seven-five-six-seven-resh-esk-xesh."

"Copy that, Fulcrum. Cap's waiting for you on the tarmac. Wolffe out."

Ahsoka unlocked her hyperdrive ring and dipped her craft toward the moon Concordia orbiting Mandalore. Obi-Wan followed suit, close on her tail.

When the ancient Delta-7 fighters landed on the Concordia moon, Ahsoka sprung out of her cockpit and bounded up to a gigantic man with a bald head and white beard

When the ancient Delta-7 fighters landed on the Concordia moon, Ahsoka sprung out of her cockpit and bounded up to a gigantic man with a bald head and white beard. She leaped into his arms.

"Glad you're back, Ahsoka. The place ain't the same without you."

"Yeah, you probably all got soft while I was away." She punched his chest playfully.

"Where did you dig up that old fossil?" Rex squinted at the man climbing out of the other fighter.

The Togruta grinned. "Are you talking about Obi-Wan or the Delta?"

Rex smiled back at her. "Both."

"A lot's happened, Rex, and you're not gonna believe the half of it. Let's go inside and talk this out." 

Rex wrapped his arm around Ahsoka's shoulders and led her toward the compound. With a raised eyebrow and a knowing grin, Obi-Wan followed them.

Captain Rex, formerly Clone Trooper 7567, led the two visitors into the heart of the moon training arena that spanned a few kilometers before them in all directions

Captain Rex, formerly Clone Trooper 7567, led the two visitors into the heart of the moon training arena that spanned a few kilometers before them in all directions. They reached the subterranean arena via an industrial metal stairwell with observation flights after descending every two meters. From the first landing, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka took in the sight of hundreds of platoons training across the arena.