Chapter 26 - The Mountain Palace

Queen Breha Organa of Alderaan waited at the base of the Silver Streak's ramp. Her brunette braid and dark blue, royal gowns of office hung still. The containment field broke the wind gusts.

Standing to her right, her husband, Viceroy Bail Organa, straightened his back and smoothed back his dark hair blowing in the brisk breeze. Security forces spread throughout the Mountain Palace's landing pad, hand weapons drawn.

Lady Quemé, representative of Queen Marné of Naboo, led the small contingent forward. She stopped at the base of the ramp and curtsied.

A young boy attended at her left hand, with a small hooded figure to her right. Behind her, two bodyguards stood, both cloaked and hooded. If one were to look closely, he would notice shiny cylindrical objects swaying under the cloaks of the hooded figures. Also, one of the bodyguards occasionally stumbled, but the other was quick to catch him when he fell.

Queen Breha step forward. "Lady Quemé, we meet at last. Welcome." Breha scrutinized the woman as they met for the first time since the start of the alliance.

Lady Quemé gave a warm smile. "Your Majesty is too kind. Thank you for venerable reception. We are highly honored by your presence."

Meanwhile, her husband inspected the group, his sharp eyes missing nothing. He recognized the smile and the voice immediately, realizing he was looking at a ghost.

Padmé lives. I hope she doesn't expect to take Leia from us. That would kill Breha . . . Deal with that when that moment arrives. There are bigger things on the agenda right now.

The other members of her party concerned him, too. He was not expecting bodyguards, nor a small boy. He lifted the woman's hand and brought it to his lips in formal greeting. "Lady Quemé, it is indeed an honor to have you here on Alderaan. And who is this sharp young man with you?"

Quemé placed her hand on the boy's shoulder. "This is my son . . . Luke."

Bail narrowed his eyes, focusing on Quemé's. "I was unaware that you had a son, my lady."

So this is Leia's brother. He looks so much like his father. Bail could not hold back a slight chuckle. He looks like he's about to burst his seams trying to hold still. 

Bail's eye caught a glint of metal under the robe of the smaller figure. He jerked his eyes to the bodyguards, looking for other tell-tale signs. Master Yoda. Wonder who the other two are.

"The war had separated us for many years, but the Force has brought us together again." 

Queen Breha asked, "And the rest of your party? Who are they?"

Quemé looked around at the possible security leaks. "My bodyguards. I prefer to introduce them inside."

Breha opened her mouth, her lips curling, as she began to object, but Bail placed his hand on his wife's hand. "Perhaps that would be best. Please follow us. The rest are already here."

"