Chapter 24

I lit the candles, and carefully placed them down- one on my dresser, one on my desk. I inhaled the sweet spreading scent of Mahogany Teakwood and closed my eyes. Nothing could ruin this morning for me.

Of course later on was the Halloween party that I was supposed to attend, but I was seriously considering just to take a skip this time.

I mean, I was still recovering for the fire. How could I go to this party? Plus I wouldn't know anyone there but Meadow, Mike, and Terry. And no offense to them, but I would need a bigger crowd to enjoy.

I shooed those stressing thoughts out of my head, and took a bite of my oatmeal cookie. It was delicious, and enough to cheer me up for that moment.

My phone buzzed, interrupting my relaxing stage. I sighed, and picked if up. It was a text from Meadow asking me to confirm that I was coming to the party. Typical.

I began to type in that I wouldn't be attending, but then I thought about how much it meant to them that I tag along for a while.

I could just go for a little bit and leave at around 8:30, right? No harm done. I show up for a bit, they're happy. Done.

I replied with a yes to Meadow.

I kept wondering that day if I had made a huge mistake.

This seemed a little suspicious.

After all, why would Meadow be pleading for me to come to some late Halloween party, even though she knows I'm still in recovery?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Authors Note:

THIS CHAPTER IS NOT DONE.

This is just a pause for an authors note.

I just wanted to say I'm sososososo sorry for my huuuuuuuge break. I had SUCH a huge mind blank, and didn't know how to continue this story. I used to have ideas, but I lost them realizing that I have a weak plot.

Luckily for the readers that have stuck around and the new readers, I have a new idea.

Yaaaaaaaaay :D

Plus I'm now on summer break, so I have lots of time to write.

I will also be starting a new book soon because I really want to.

And is anybody out there a fan of Full Metal Alchemist? Or Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood? Comment!

If so, please tell me if you're interested in my fanfiction I wrote. I'm kinda nervous to publish it. It's a lovey kinda thing between Ed and Al.

Thanks for reading so far c: Won't make this note any longer, haha.

-Sonia ❤️

P.s Yes this is a Halloween party, and I am fully aware that it is June. Please bear with me, as this was written around Halloween. Thanks.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I finished up my makeup for my costume- I decided to be a good old classic ghost.

Luckily, it wasn't just a simple white sheet you put over your head and attempt to scare little kids with. I have an actual interest in being a makeup artist, so I'm pretty good with making myself look at least semi-freaky.

I put the last of the white eyeliner thickly around my eyes, and stood back. I admired how I made myself look- it was pretty freaky.

My whole face was paper white, thanks to all of the foundation and powder I'd piled on. My pupils were white too; thanks to contacts, of course, blending in with the white around my eyes. White eyeliner gracefully took up the space around. You can guess what color lipstick I had on- Knockout Black.

Over all of this was a creepy wedding veil, and of course that cliche torn up wedding dress you seem to see in every horror movie. Since my hair was already close to black, I just had to tease it and make it appear as if it was a huge mop of hot messiness.

I smiled. Maybe for once I would have some fun. I deserved fun. I deserved happiness. I deserved a life where I didn't have to constantly look behind my back, and make sure that there's no one holding up a gun to my head.

Most 17 year olds aren't blackmailed to murder people, and most aren't constantly threatened to be murdered themselves. I was now determined to have a great time, and nothing was going to come in my way.