Chapter 11

Ding-dong.

"Mmhmm"

Ding-dong.

"Mmmm"

Ding-

"UGH!"

I rolled out of bed. What time was it? I checked my phone. 8:34AM. What the hell. Who is ringing my doorbell this early in the morning?

I probably looked like a mess. I didn't care.

I trudged down the carpeted steps, and opened the door to see a smiling Adrian with a couple of suitcases.

"WHAT?", I asked.

"Hey! I decided I'll move in with you for a little bit, I guess."

I stared at him.

"If that's okay", he added.

His blue-gray eyes twinkled.

"Come in", I said, frowning.

He nodded, then rolled his suitcases in.

"You can just leave them there", I said.

"Thanks", he replied.

"Why did you come this early? You couldn't wait until like, I was awake?"

"Sorry. I figured you were a morning person.."

"Why? Why did you think that?", I asked, getting irritated.

"I don't know. You just seem like it", he said.

I laughed.

"Okay."

I led him to his guest room.

"Here, you can stay in the room next to mine. It has the coffee machine and it has this cool soap that mysteriously smells like bubble gum in the bathroom", I said.

"Bubblegum soap", he stated.

"Yup", I said.

I helped him move his cases into his room. After we finished, we sat on the bed.

"Soooo.... I've been meaning to ask you something....", I said.

"Yes?"

"Can I come to the elevator with you next time you go? You know, go investigate the clock and all?"

He was silent for a minute.

"Why?", he asked.

I shrugged.

"I'm just curious, I guess. I wanna see what it looks like."

He sighed.

"Sorry, Jasmine. I don't want you going in there. It's too dangerous. You'll get badly hurt", he said, crossing his arms.

"Then why are you going?", I asked.

"That's easy. To investigate the crime and solve it so that whoever is doing this will be behind bars", he said.

I frowned.

"Look. I need to come with you. Just let me. Please", I said, putting extra emotion into the please.

He looked at me for a few minutes, searching my face for clues of anything

I have an awesome poker face.

"Fine", he said.

"YAY!!!"

"BUT-"

I sighed.

"Only if you have something to protect yourself, like a bat, or a knife, and wear clothes that'll cover your skin- thick things like karate head protectors and stuff."

I laughed.

"Okay, mom."

He rolled his eyes, and laughed.

I was going to go into that elevator, and I was going to make sure that nothing went a way I couldn't handle it.

-Aid's POV-

I looked into Jassy's dark brown eyes. They were full of secrets. I could tell.

Most people hold emotion in their eyes- tons of it. You can tell if they're happy, sad, or just wanna rip your head off.

Jasmine? That girl is another story.

She scares me. She doesn't show a sign of emotion in those eyes of hers. Almost as in she has no emotion.

I can see something in those dark eyes, though. Something mysterious. I can't quite put my finger on it,

But I know one thing for sure.

Jasmine is hiding something.