Chapter 19

Jasmine Chambers

I really hate being blackmailed. Really. I dread it. Why me? This isn't me. I don't do this type of stuff. I'm supposed to be happy Jasmine, nice Jasmine, Jassy who wouldn't hurt a fly. So why did this person pick me? Why am I doing all of these killings? Do they have something against me? Against the people being killed? Against the nice things in life?

I sighed. I really hated my life right now. This person made me swear not to tell anybody. I can't tell a soul. Why not? Easy. They don't want to go to jail. And what happens if they get caught? Well, easy.

I'd go to jail, too.

And I don't want that, right? That's why I keep quiet, and continue to do what they say. I have no choice. I deserve to see the sky, and breathe fresh air. A life without that, I cant even imagine. This makes me evil in some ways, but I don't care. I'll do whatever it takes to keep myself away from getting caught.

Even if it means hurting the ones I love.

****************************************************************************************************************

Adrian Greyins POV

Doctors. Tons of them. Walking around me, looking at me deeply concerned. Pain. Tons of it, Its everywhere. Emotionally and physically.

Jasmine Chambers. Oddly, I thought I could trust her. Guess you can't really trust anybody these days.

Revenge? Do I really need it? Or is the fact that she nearly killed me enough? I'm dying anyway. Within a few hours I'll be dead. Gone.

I don't think I'll need revenge- she's eating away at herself anyway. She'll get what she deserves. Till then, she has to live with herself knowing every day what she's done.

Surprised? No. I always knew there was something about Jasmine Chambers. She had that quiet feeling around her, that mysterious space. It made you want more Jasmine. You wanted to get to know her, to uncover the mystery.

But once you uncovered it, you wish you hadn't. I just shouldn't have gone for it. Look where I am now.

I can barely breathe. I feel like I'm breathing through one of those coffee straws- the ones used to mix the coffee. Yeah. Hold your nose, and breathe through one of those. You'll know how I feel. It's painful. Not as painful as the feeling of being betrayed, though.

I took a few more deep breaths, and got as much air as possible.

Suddenly, I couldn't breathe. No. Not now. I wasn't ready to go. I don't want to leave. I tried to breathe, but no air entered. Something was blocking.

Before passing out, a hand was removed from my mouth, and I saw the face that I never wanted to see again.

Jasmine? No. It wasn't Jasmine. It was worse.

I blacked out, and my eyes shut permanently.

The line on the heart monitor is straight, and the killer left the room.

-2 minutes later-

Nurses rushed to the body.

"What's going on?!", asked a nurse.

Silence.

".....Adrian Greyins is.... Adrian Greyins is dead", a doctor said.

The silence was replaced by sorrow.