Chapter 1

Jazzy walked down the lonely, beautiful street and breathed in the warm air.

Her neighborhood was wonderful. Wonderful people, and a blue sky to go along.

Pink flowers, dark green stems. Green lush grass, and the smell of honey lingering in the air.

She peered down at the sandy, perfect sidewalk. A red ladybug scurried across, and a little bit of grass grew down the sides.

It was a perfect place to live, you could say.

The only problem was that Jasmine seemed to be the only one who admired it, besides the 5 year olds playing tag in the backyards.

Nobody else got interested in photography just because of this neighborhood.

Nobody else took a morning walk, a walk after lunch, or an evening walk like Jasmine did.

"Heeeey Jazzy!!", yelled a voice.

Jasmine sighed. She knew who it was. She still wondered how she became friends with such an outgoing, crazy girl.

Bethany Fields ran towards her.

"Hey B!", Jasmine yelled.

B? That's been her nickname since kindergarten.

Bethany caught up to Jasmine and stopped running, walking in sync with her.

"What's up?", she asked, heavily breathing.

"Just walking over to Walmart", said Jasmine.

"Cool. Can I tag along? I need some more bobby-pins", she said.

I rolled my eyes. She had like.. 300 something, already, right?

How many bobby-pins does a girl need?

"Sure", I said, laughing.

And we skipped along, singing songs by our favorite band, He Is We.

I wish life could stay like this forever. Everything changes, though.

Evil? You can stop. Hatred? You can stop. A bad habit? You can stop.

But change, nope. Sadly, you can't stop change.

No matter how much you try. You can spend your life suffering because of it, then dying a sad death. Or you can just accept it.

Me? A mixture of both.

And it really did kill me, in many ways.