Chapter Thirty Two

"You bought a house? Are you kidding me Aria!!" Billie screamed through the phone. I held the receiver away from my ear. "I'm sorry I should of talked to you about it first." I paused. "It's so beautiful baby you're going to love it." I reassured him. "That's not the point." He sighed loudly. There was a long silence and that's when I heard it, or should I say her. "Who was that?" I asked him. My ear was pressed hard against the phone now, hoping to hear the voice again. "Who?" Billie asked me. He was playing dumb, I thought to myself. "I heard a woman's voice.." I was quickly becoming annoyed. "Oh nobody.. Just discussing a future project." He was silent. "What's her name?" I asked curiously. "Her name.." Silence again. "Yes" I seethed, obviously pissed off. "Lady Cobra." He whispered. I hung up slamming the house phone down on the counter. The knot in my stomach refused to give him a chance to explain.

I arrived at a house. A house I never thought I would go to. A porch I never thought I would be standing on. A front door I never thought I would be waiting to open. I placed my hand on my stomach the feeling of my daughters movements soothing me. The door swung open and there she was, none other then Adrienne Armstrong herself. She looked me up her eyes focusing on my big belly. When her gaze met mine her face turned serious, she knew I meant business. I invited myself in without saying a word. "Whose Lady Cobra?" I asked without a drop of humor in my tone. A half smile formed on her face, as if I was officially let in on her little secret. She began to sing. "Well I met a girl named Lady Cobra, her black heart beats crimson and clover.." My heart sunk.