Chapter 32 - Clarke

Artemis' POV

I opened my eyes and I saw August's face. He was sleeping soundly, with his arm around me and I couldn't help but stare at him.

This guy...this hot human being who looked like a mythological god ripped out from a mythology book...my very own Percy Jackson...my husband...

I could feel blood rushing on my cheeks as I touched his face with my fingers. How the hell did I become so lucky?

I blushed even more when I remembered what happened last night. The honeymoon. For fuck's sake that sex was amazing. I loved the way he kissed me, like I was a map, and he kept intentionally getting lost in my body...

I didn't know I would crave this guy so much. His love, his touch, and every time he whispered on my ears how he loves me...oh gosh I just wanted to melt.

My phone's alarm suddenly interrupted me from my lustful thoughts. I embarrassingly looked away from August as his eyes opened wide. I quickly reached for my phone and turned off the alarm.

We had class today but after the wedding, he and I decided to book a last-minute trip to Maldives. After the long flight, we arrived the next day, late at night, but we still managed to get in the mood and spend the best honeymoon night anyone could ever have.

We had a private room that had its own jacuzzi and pool. The balcony had a view of the ocean, where you can easily jump into and you would hit water in just a very short distance. Like ruler short distance. Like you could just dangle your feet on the balcony and it would touch the water.

We planned to skip school for the rest of the week. We already talked to some people to give us notes and since August was the top student in every class, he managed to convince our teachers to give us due date extensions on some projects. Since we're graduating in a few weeks, there was still a lot of work to do, but we just said fuck it, we want the honeymoon.

"Hey," he smiled as he pulled me closer to him, "good morning."

"Morning," I responded, still blushing heavily from all the scenes playing in my head from last night.

"Can we stay in bed for another hour?" He asked in a sleepy voice. I smiled at how cute he was. We were planning to explore the place by waking up early, but since we were pretty busy last night, we didn't get enough sleep.

We stayed in bed for more than an hour before my phone started ringing again.

I reached for it and frowned as Angel's call went to voicemail...I wonder what's wrong? 

"People are calling you?" August asked, his eyes open. I nodded as I turned off my phone, remembering how we had a deal to not use our phones until we come back from our trip.

I snuggled back close to him before he grabbed his camera from the bedside table. He took a picture of us in bed and a couple more that will pass off as a typical, sweet couple poses, before I noticed something on his camera.

"D.C.?"

He looked at me with confusion and he followed my gaze to the initials written in Sharpie on his camera's lanyard. He looked back at me and shrugged, "must be the previous owner's name."

"You bought your camera second hand?" 

He was quiet for a moment before he nodded, "Yeah, bought it from Amazon."

I frowned. Since when did a royal, especially August Carter buy second hand items? I shook the thought away from my head and I smiled at him. "Where do you want to go today?"

He put his camera back on the bedside table and faced me, "I'm actually about to meet up with someone real quick. It turns out my dad's business partner is also here. Since we don't want anyone asking us why we're together in Maldives, in a school week,  I'd rather go alone, if that's okay?"

I became a little bit sad with the thought of being alone in this place, but he's right. We shouldn't be seen together by people who will ask questions.

"That's fine with me...I'll just stay here and wait until you come back." He leaned in and gave me a slow and passionate kiss. I smiled at him when he got up from the bed and started putting on clothes.

When he left the place, I stood there in the middle of the room, thinking what I should do. I decided to open my luggage and put my clothes in the closet. After I was done fixing my stuff, I went to August's luggage. Is it okay for me to look at his things? I'm just going to put his clothes in the closet and organize everything...but is this okay?

 I sighed and did it anyway. When I was done, I rummaged through his luggage one last time to make sure I didn't miss anything. My hand came in contact with a hard, rectangular object. I had to check thrice to see where it was because it was in a secret compartment. I unzipped it and saw a hard drive.

Oh gosh, my curiosity is killing me. Can I look at this? I mean, we're married, but we still have to respect each other's privacy...

I looked at my laptop and the hard drive in my hands...It would just be quick...

All of his files were organized into folders. What caught my eye was the folder entitled Clarke. It took me a few seconds to convince myself to just do it, since I'm already touching his stuff anyways. I took a deep breath and opened the folder.

There were pictures and a few word files. I scrolled through it and I was so confused. There was a picture of a little boy and his dad, standing next to a family eating their dinner. If I wasn't a royal, I wouldn't notice that they're servers. The dad was a butler to the family, while his son was standing next to him, probably training at such a young age already. 

What made me more confused was the family having dinner. The dad looked familiar, and I definitely saw him before in a royal meeting, I just forgot who he was. The mom was a redhead, probably Irish, and her two sons were laughing at what the dad said. The older son look familiar. For some reason, I'm pretty sure he's Cedric. Same evil grin, same hair, same everything. It was the 10 year old Cedric.

The two sons were both redhead, which is impossible because August should be brown-haired. Then my gaze shifted to the butler's son, standing there with his dad in the corner...

I looked at another picture and there was the butler's son again, wearing a tux that was too big for him. He was with his mom, I'm sure of it. He and his mom look so much alike...brown hair, green eyes...

It looked like they were in a funeral. The sign right next to them had two lists of names...two people died...Henry Clarke and August Carter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I know that you know where this is going...But hey...I love you all for reading this. Thank you for staying.

-A.M.