Chapter 5- A ring with an attitude

Hi this is Claire and ummm.... What should i say? (Lizzie: You butt in on mine and Angel's and you don't know what to say in your P.O.V.??!!) Shut up!!! Oh and anyway. Hehe. This is my chapter guys, hope you enjoy!!!!! VOMMENT!!!!!!!

Claire Evans

"Angel? Hello?" I said through the phone. We were all standing by our classroom door. Artemis and Liz kept laughing about how easily Ms. Anston was tricked into letting all three of us leave.

"Where do you think that girl went?" Artemis asked as she tried to quiet down before the teacher hears us.

"She must be hiding," Liz said.

"Should we go look for her?" I asked.

"Well, we've got nothing better to do, so sure, why not," Liz said. Well I sure don't want to go back to class, so I'd rather look for Angel too.

"Hey, how many hall monitors are there around here?" Artemis asked.

"Umm... I don't know," Liz answered.

"Umm, guys... I'm pretty sure there's more than one..." I said with a gulp.

"How do you know?" they asked me.

"Because there's two of them right behind you..." I said and broke into a run.

"Hey you three! Get back to class!" they yelled. Artemis and Liz yelped and ran with me. We headed for the stairs and stopped, wondering whether to go up or down.

"Let's split up!" Artemis yelled before heading up.

Liz and I ran down with one of the hall monitors chasing after us. "Uh... We have hall passes!" I shouted at the man.

"Yeah, we do!" Liz said. But none of us stopped running.

"Then let me see them!" he shouted back. "And why are you girls running anyway!? Don't you know that's against the rules!"

"You're also running!" Liz countered.

"Shame on you for breaking your own damn rule!" I said.

"You two are in so much trouble when I get my hands on you!" he snapped.

We ran and ran until we reached the end of the hall and faced another set of stairs. Glancing back, I saw that the man had slowed and stopped a little to catch his breath. I turned to Liz who wasn't doing any better than the hall monitor. "You okay?" I asked panting.

"Dying. But still good," she said. "You go up and I'll head to the first floor."

I nodded and we parted ways. I ran up and crouched down to take a quick peek at the man. He stopped at the stairs and scratched his head, wondering which way he should take. Luckily, he went down, but I worried, not about Liz who had poor stamina, but about the hall monitor and what Liz might do to him if she gets pissed off.

I put a hand against the wall and leaned to catch my breath. A smile spread across my face as I pictured our situation. I mean really? It's the second day of school and we're running for our lives from the hall monitors and skipping class, instead of a normal school day where you meet friends and spend boring time in class.

I giggled at how ridiculous we were being. Then shivered at the thought of how much trouble we'd be in if we ever get caught. I hope those hall monitors didn't really get a good look at our faces, if he did, I know the girls will find a way to disguise themselves.

I sighed and straightened myself as I started to go looking for Angel. I dug in my bag and checked my phone and tried calling her.

Her phone rang. I waited then, suddenly she answered and hung up on me!