Chapter 2 - Her Undies Are At Stake.

Artemis' POV

We watched as Claire and guy number four of the day were shoved out of the library. I've never been so proud of my baby Claire! She's usually the quiet one and would never go up to someone like that. 

Something hit me all of a sudden and I turned to Liz. 

"What?" Angel frowned, noticing my expression.

"What time is it?" I asked, suddenly nervous.

Angel glanced at her clock and muttered something incomprehensible. 

"Are you okay?" Liz  examined me at arms length. I opened my mouth to say something, but panic seemed to overwhelm me. 

Angel leaned in and slapped my face for 2 or 3 times, before I managed to call my senses back.

"Now speak," Liz said in a sedate manner.

"Your undies at Jess' house! We were supposed to go there after school!"

The librarian slammed her book in frustration. She stood up from her desk and grabbed a few slips of paper. It looked like detention slips. There's no way I'm getting that on my first day of class.

Liz's eyes went wide. She opened her mouth to say something, but closed it again when the librarian reached us.

"Ladies," the librarian hissed with a big, menacing smile.

"3" I said.

"What?" she looked at me with a confused look.

"2" Angel continued, understanding what we were going to do.

"Don't you girls know that this is the library and ---"

"1" Liz said.

"What are you counting for?!---"

"RUN!" I screamed.

We ran as fast as we could but the hag was just as fast as we were. She quickly outran us and in no time she was able to grab Liz's collar. They stumbled to the ground with Liz below the old lady.

"There is absolutely no way you girls are running away from getting detention." She shouted on Liz's face. When Liz was about to reply, we heard a gasp of shock from behind us.

"Miss Humphrey?!" someone gasped.

We turned and saw our principal, Mr. Underwood, looking extremely shocked at what he was seeing.  He stared at Ms. Humphrey's pugnacious face, which began to morph into a shocked Jell-O.

"Jack! Oh, jack," she said as she suddenly brought herself up. They held glances and of course, the song Careless Whisper suddenly boomed from Ms. Humphrey's stereo, which only played soft music before. I saw her hide a small remote on her pocket. No way this lady just changed her music for this.

Mr. Underwood tried to awkwardly ignore the song, but Ms. Humphrey's expression made it difficult. She caressed his cheeks softly as tears started forming in her eyes.

I had no idea what was going on. 

"Oh, Jack. Since when did you arrive? I've missed you!"

"Uh....I, uh...I only went to the washroom."

"Really? What did you there? Oh! Did you buy something for me?" Ms. Humphrey said with a dreamy expression on her face as she settled down on a chair behind her.

Angel and I gestured for Liz to quickly crawl away from them. Some books and magazines from the nearby shelf were scattered on the ground because of the librarian knocking it out down when she caught Lizzie.