Chapter 39

Elsa's POV

"And... Ta da!" I showed Merida.

"Well I'll be, that's a gorgeous replica, Elsa!" Merida complimented.

I thanked her and smiled. I was trying to recreate the ice flower that we needed for the key. I've been wanting to do it for such a long time, I paid great attention to the details. The flower was so unique, every detail had to be perfect. I kept telling myself that when I was making it.

I got Merida to be my judge, but she wasn't allowed to see the process of making it. You know, just in case I mess up. I made her turn her back at me and finally showed her the end product. Thank goodness it turned out well.

"With a side to side comparison, I bet it's 100% the same." Merida said.

"Oh come on Merida, you're over exaggerating." I chuckled.

"You know I'm right, Elsa." Merida winked. "Excuse me, I gotta go to the washroom. We'll show the rest right after this, ok?"

"Sure thing." I nodded and stared back at the flower. It really is a beautiful piece of art that I'm really proud of.

The door suddenly swung open, I expected it to be Merida, although I was quite surprised she was that fast.

"Hey Jack. What brings you here?" I asked, my heart pumping a little faster. "Oh, I've got something to show you, do tell me what you think about it!"

I turned around to grab the flower and showed it to Jack. He didn't say a word. In fact, the way he looked at it was pretty weird.

"Is... Is it ok?" I asked, worried. "Say something!"

Jack shot a glare at me which got me taken aback. He looked at me with eyes of fury. What's going on?

"Do you like it? I made it myself-" Jack swiped the flower from my grasp, threw it to the ground and stomped on it, crushing it into a million pieces. That, was exactly what I felt, me crushed into a million pieces seeing the flower I made, gone, just like that.

I gasped. I was shaking, struggling to hold back the tears as I crouched down to touch the broken pieces. Why? Why Jack? If you didn't like it, just say it! Why did you have to do this to me?!

Just as one of my fingers touched the ice, Jack forcefully pushed me away. I fell down and looked at him, tears now flowing down my face. "...Wh-Why?" I choked the words out.

For a split second, I saw Jack's eyes turn golden yellow. Jack looked at me, stomped on the broken ice again , then walked away like a robot.

"Jack, how could you!" I shouted as I quickly wiped my tears away, staring at the broken ice. I wanted to chase after him but I couldn't bring myself to do so.

"I'm back... Oh my goodness what happened?!" Merida exclaimed. "Did you drop it?!"

"No, I didn't." I shook my head.

"Then? Did you not like it until you destroyed it?! Elsa, have you got mad?" Merida continued.

"No, I didn't destroy it! Ja-Jack... Did..." I replied.

"Jack?! How dare he do that! Where is he?!" Merida began stomping towards the door but I quickly stopped her.

"No, don't..." I pleaded. "I... I can make another one..."

"You took a long time to get it done! Elsa, just let me go and I'll go teach Jack a lesson! Oh the nerve of him to destroy your beautiful flower like that... " Merida snapped.

It took five minutes to convince Merida to give up on her plan. After she finally calmed down, I calmed down too. Or so I thought.

"Help... Help! Can anyone hear me?! You have to stop him before it's too late!"

I heard the voice again. And this time, it sounds clearer, I'm pretty sure it's Jack's voice. I clenched my fists, hearing him makes me want to have my revenge. Looks like I haven't fully calm down yet. Stay calm Elsa, don't snap.

Who? Stop who? I wondered.

"Elsa, is that you?"

Yes? Who are you? Are you Jack? Cause if you are... Jack I'm gonna make you pay for what you just did! HOW DARE YOU. For some reason, I was now able to communicate with him, he could hear me, I could hear him, unlike the last time.

"You have to stop him before he does anything! He's after the key! He's looking to destroy them, you've got to hide the rest before he does more damage like the flower to represent winter! You have to stop him, no, me, I mean... Oh how do I explain this!"

"You all right?" Merida asked.

"I hear a voice..." I replied.

"It's really quiet here Elsa. You sure you're all right?" Merida asked.

"I'm fine, you just have to take my word for it." I held her hand tight.

"Ach!" Merida exclaimed, looking everywhere. "Who's there?!"

"You can hear it too?" I asked in joy. "It's Jack! At least, I think..."

"Jack? How in the world is he talking to me?" Merida asked. "Where are you, Jack?! I'm gonna teach you a lesson for what you just did to Elsa!"

Jack, who do we have to stop? What happened? I asked.

"The Nightmares are coming..."

After that it was all silence. I called out for Jack but he didn't respond. Merida gave me a questioning look.

"What did he tell you?" I demanded.

"I don't know. It first started off as someone calling for help. Then I heard him call my name, said we gotta stop someone. Didn't specify who though." Merida replied.

"Same thing here." I sighed. "He keep saying stop him. But who's him?"

"Well, that was the weirdest thing that ever happened to me. Like, when you held my hand then I suddenly heard Jack. How long has this been going on?" Merida asked.

"Ever since Jack fainted." I replied. "I mysteriously heard a voice calling out for help, it sounded like Jack. Hmm, I'm beginning to think that wasn't Jack just now. At least, at heart. I just don't believe Jack would do such a thing. He's not that cold-hearted..."

"Come on, let's go tell the rest. If danger's coming, we better be ready." Merida helped me up.

I'd like to apologise in advance if I don't update till next week.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned that I'm a Malaysian Chinese before in my 2nd book (college book) but some may not know that. Anyway, the festive season is here aka Chinese New Year and I'll be really busy. Hopefully I'll be able to write one or two drafts so that I can publish them then. Until then, apologies in advance!

DON'T FORGET TO

READ

COMMENT

VOTE

SUGGESTIONS WELCOMED!