Chapter 38

Hiccup's POV

"Jack? Is that you?" I asked as I opened the back door. Jack stood right in front of me. "You all right? I heard some commotion." I asked.

Jack didn't answer and walked past me, roughly pushing me away. I saw that his eyes were yellow, golden yellow in colour for a split second.

What was that for?! I asked in my mind. Jack's never been like this before. Maybe he just doesn't wanna talk about whatever just happened. Still, you don't have to push me like this! I'm quite positive I heard him screaming and shouting.

I looked outside, Toothless didn't scare him, right? Wait, Toothless ain't even here! What in the world got Jack screaming then? There's nothing here.

Confused, I walked back and joined the rest. I spotted Merida and went to her. "Hey, did you notice anything unusual about Jack?"

Merida turned to me, she didn't answer too. She had a panicked expression on her face. What's wrong with her?

"I, um, uh, no?" Merida replied, beads of sweat trickling down her face.

"You all right?" I asked.

"Yes, yes..." Merida nodded nervously. "Excuse me." And she made a dash to the washroom. Well that was weird. What happened to her? We haven't been talking much lately, have I done something wrong? She's been avoiding me. We don't talk anymore like we used to do.

"What's up with her?" Eugene asked behind me.

"No clue." I shook my head. "Where's Jack?"

"I think he went for a nap." Eugene replied. "He didn't look too good, like a shadow was cast over him. Probably his sickness acting up again."

Perhaps Eugene's right. After all, Jack hasn't been completely cured yet, Sandy did say it would act up again. And the change of colour in Jack's eyes? That's probably Sandy's magic. Yeah, that sounds much better. You're over thinking again, Hiccup.

Satisfied with my thought, I went to Toothless. "Hey buddy, doing well?" I scratched his head. He looked at me with a wide smile and stuck his tongue out.

"What do you think is gonna happen next? We've been through so many things in this place. Do you miss home?" I asked. Toothless is basically where I let all of my questions pour out when there's no one else suitable to ask. Sometimes it might just get awkward. So, Toothless is always there for me.

"I wonder how worried mom is now. What's going on with Berk? What will they be doing now that their chief is gone? Will they elect another one? And how's... Astrid...?" I surprised myself with that last question. Honestly, this is the first time I've thought of her ever since we came here. I was only thinking about mom all this while. Which got me wondering, is it true that I have no feelings for Astrid? Has my attention fully moved on to another girl? I still consider Astrid as a friend, but she wants more than that. And I'm not ready for that.

Toothless just stared at me and licked my face until I regained consciousness. "Sorry buddy, guess I got carried away. I really wonder what would be going on if we haven't went through the gateway. To hang out with our friends, I miss them. But they're missing out on quite some interesting stuff too. So I guess we're even." I let a chuckle slip. "We have quite the story to tell when we get back, don't we?"

Toothless nodded and did a few small hops. After a few more minutes, I went back in, I bumped straight into Elsa. My mind went nuts immediately seeing her. Stay calm Hiccup, don't do anything stupid!

"Sorry." Elsa said. I locked onto her eyes. Boy are they mesmerising.

"My fault, I wasn't looking at where I was going." I said.

I wanted to leave but at the same time, I didn't want to. As for Elsa, well, she was like just standing there.

"So... How have you been?" I asked, feeling stupid.

"Hiccup," Elsa said firmly. "If you have any intentions to ask your questions again, I cannot answer them for the time being."

"No, that wasn't what I meant!" I said in defence. "I just wanted to chat, that's it. I understand and respect your decision."

"In that case, thank you." Elsa hurried away.

Damn it. I mentally kicked myself.

Rapunzel's POV

"Will he ever stop..." Anna let out a sigh, shaking her head at the same time.

"Anna-"

"Just, why doesn't he get it?!" Anna cut in. "There's something called, liking the wrong person even though you think he or she is the right one. Why does he not see that? Is he that blind?!"

I rolled my eyes and sighed too. This could go on all day. Anna and I have been besties since we came to this world. We bonded a lot, we're like sisters. Now, she shares literally everything with me.

"Do you think I should say something, Rapunzel?" Anna asked.

"About what?" I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Hiccup. Obviously he's causing a problem." Anna replied.

"Anna, you can't control who someone likes. You shouldn't intervene, even though it is causing your sister to feel uncomfortable and Merida heartbroken. Hiccup will realise it, sooner or later." I reasoned.

"Sooner or later? Have you even seen the state Merida's in right now?!"

"I know that perfectly well but you shouldn't tell Hiccup that straight up. What would you do if someone told you that you shouldn't be with Kristoff and be with someone else?!"

"Fine, fine, you win. But I can't stand it much longer. Hiccup's one action caused Jack, Elsa and Merida to all of this. Merida ain't the only one heartbroken, Jack too. And I couldn't help but wonder if his heartbreak had something to do with his illness."

"There, there, soon, everything will fall perfectly in place. Don't worry, Anna." I patted her shoulder, giving her a reassuring smile.

DON'T FORGET TO

READ

COMMENT

VOTE

SUGGESTIONS WELCOMED!