Chapter 31

Anna's POV

After everyone had a full night's sleep, Merida and I finally decided to tell everyone about our discovery, about the flowers that we have that could form the key back home. But I noticed that Merida wasn't quite herself this morning, and it didn't take long to realise she was in heartbreak. Olaf told me that he saw Jack and Merida crying yesterday. The pieces immediately fell to place. I slept so much that I nearly forgot what happened last night. Elsa kept her distance from Hiccup, Jack kept his distance from her as well, Merida kept her distance from everyone!

Darn you Hiccup, look what you've done. Look at this... Chain reaction you caused.

And I thought he having a crush on my sister was a good thing, Elsa could use a suitor. But she's obviously chosen someone else.

"All right everyone, we have an announcement to make!" I said excitedly, standing beside Merida.

"Wait up!" The doors burst open, revealing Cleo, Isabelle, Ethan, Darrel and Aidan. "Hope we did not miss anything?"

"Right on time, do come in." Merida gestured.

"All right, get on with it." Rapunzel said.

"So," I clapped my hands together. "Does everyone remember about the riddle?"  I held the flower up. "This flower, could be one of the objects we need to assemble it! This flower was picked back at the gateway, and remember when the riddle said something to represent the gateway's magical abilities?"

"We believe that all of us may have something that fits the riddle. Perhaps we didn't notice that we had them. Maybe we didn't have to find that many stuff after all." Merida continued.

"You mean... This?" Rapunzel held up a flower identical to me and Merida's. "Eugene and I got this back at the gateway."

"What about this?"  Tooth asked excitedly, reaching her hand into Jack's hoodie pocket, pulling out a flower. It was the same one.

Jack looked at the flower and nearly fell over, he gasped at the same time. "Guys,  do you know what this means?"

"That we have already finished one part of the riddle!" Kristoff replied.

"No. I mean yes, I mean... We have four flowers and..." Jack was struggling to find the words.

Elsa snapped her fingers, her face lit up. "I think I know what Jack is trying to say. These four flowers aren't to represent the gateway, but they are to represent the four seasons! Remember when they said we need a part of nature and a person to represent a season? These four could be the answers."

"Well then, then we've found the four representatives as well!" North exclaimed. "Now we just need to figure out who is the right season."

"Well Jack is obviously winter. Say, could we have two representatives? There's Elsa too." Bunny asked.

"No idea, at least we know we have extra!" I replied.

"I think I represent autumn." Merida said. "Or maybe-nah, I think I represent autumn."

"I think you're summer. After all, Corona's symbol is the sun." Eugene said to Rapunzel.

I looked at Olaf. Either Olaf or me was one of the seasons. If Olaf... Then it would be summer, he loves it so much. Me? What am I? Spring? Summer?

"All right, who's spring?" Hiccup asked.

All eyes were on me. "I'm not sure." I said softly.

"Anna, you are spring." Elsa said confidently. "You got rid of winter in Arendelle, and brought back spring."

"Elsa, that was summer." I corrected her.

"I know, but spring comes first before summer, doesn't it? Spring comes after winter, and you helped in restoring it." Elsa explained.

Although I still wanted to argue, somehow I felt that Elsa was half wrong half right. Really? Me?

Merida, Rapunzel and Jack came to me with their flowers in their hands. "So I guess we're done with this?" Jack asked.

"Hold on, Elsa, come here too. You represent winter too." I said.

"Wait, Bunny should be representing spring too, shouldn't he? He brings Easter that's in spring." Tooth asked.

"Then wouldn't that make North winter as well?" Jack added.

"What about Kristoff?" I had to ask. "Ice is your life."

"Gee, I have no idea." Kristoff shrugged.

"Then am I summer or winter?" Olaf asked.

"Hold on there, we only need one of you guys." Merida cleared her throat.

"And what if not all of us represent the season? What if it's just that one particular person and we don't know who it is?" Elsa asked.

Elsa was right, what if there was only one? And how could we possibly know? It's not like these flowers have our names, right?

"I'd say the first person that touched these flowers back at your worlds is the person." Hiccup suggested.

Merida held on to hers, I gave mine to Olaf, Jack gave his to Tooth and Rapunzel gave hers to Eugene.

"I don't see how I represent a season." Eugene shook his head. "Rapunzel should be the one."

"Um, maybe we join hands and something happens?"  Olaf asked.

"It's worth a try." Merida nodded.

And that's what they did. Honestly, I didn't know what to expect. As far as I thought, we need to gather all of the objects then only something happens. But if something does happen to them or the flowers, that's a good sign.

"Nothing." Tooth sighed. "I'm not the right season, I know it. I'm not a season at all!"

"Then try again, with different people!" Olaf said.

"No, I think that just now we had the right people. Let's try with them. Anna, Jack, Rapunzel." Merida said.

I took a deep breath before linking hands. We held the flowers tight in our hands and hoped for the best.

I felt something rush through me. And I think all of us did. We looked at each other's hands. The flowers that we had were glowing, no wait, our hands were glowing. Rapunzel gasped that she nearly dropped her flower.

"Don't. Let. Go." Merida said firmly. "It's working."

Then it's like a mini explosion occurred, it knocked all of us out of place. I went flying straight to a table. I held on tight to the flower though.

"Oh my goodness look at this!" Jack yelled, trying to stand up.

Jack held up his flower, it was completely frozen in ice. Rapunzel's flower, well, the flower became into the shape of the sun, but the leaves were still there. She said it looked like Corona's symbol. As for Merida, the leaves of her flower changed, it became the type of leaves you see during autumn. Mine? There wasn't much change. Not that I was expecting it to anyway. Spring is all about flowers blooming, my flower probably just looked a little healthier.

"Do you know what this means?!" Rapunzel asked excitedly.

We didn't need an answer, everyone in the room cheered. We gave each other hugs and all.

DON'T FORGET TO

READ

COMMENT

VOTE

SUGGESTIONS WELCOMED!