Chapter 35

I sprung into action the second Rachel opened the door. I spotted the cheese knife on the floor so I rolled towards it and snatched it up. I slipped towards the door pulling Rachel backwards and I held the knife to her throat.

"Kyle..." She pleaded.

"Don't think I won't do it. Let them go!" I said harshly.

"Rachel... Shauna please..." Kyle pleaded.

"I'm Elisabeth..." I said pulling the knife closer towards her neck. "If you love her than you will let them go."

Kyle looked towards them then towards Rachel. "Alright I'll let them go. But you're staying here.

I lowered the knife just slightly. Kyle opened the door.

"Go!" I ordered

"But Lizzie..." Kymmi began.

"Go!" I ordered again.

Linda grabbed Grandma Elisa's hand and pulled her out first. Then shove Irene out. Kymmi had turned and looked at me. Linda then had to force her out the door too. "Run! She yelled after them.

"Linda what are you doing? I demanded as she walked back inside the room.

"I'm not leaving you behind." She said calmly.

"I did what you asked now let her go!" Kyle yelled.

I torn open the door and shoved Rachel out of it. "Okay she's gone." I said closing it again.

"Now what?" Kyle asked.

"We negotiate." I replied. "We both know there is no way that Irene is marrying you tomorrow. Therefore I think the best thing you can agree to at this point is to get off on the island we're docking on tomorrow and flee."

"But I'm not really gaining anything out of this situation then?" Kyle countered.

"Yeah you are, we're not turning you over to the authorities, so you will have your freedom." I fired back.

"But I still have you as a hostage." He replied.

"Oh please, it's two against one." Linda answered back.

"Fine, Rachel and I will leave if you give us $10,000." Kyle said finally.

"Hmmm..." I thought out loud.

"No deal." Linda said quickly.

"Linda, search the room make sure there are no hidden weapons." I said not taken my eyes off Kyle. He was starting to sweat now. His eyes were darting around the room. Linda searched all his drawers.

"Hey, look what I found." She said holding out a gun to me.

"Wow. Good find." I said glad Kyle wasn't holding it.

"Alright!" He sputtered finally. "We'll leave first thing when the ship docks."

"And you'll never contact us again?" I asked.

"Yes." He said.

"Great!" Linda said standing up. "We dock at 6am. Lizzie, why don't you get some sleep. I'll watch the scum."