Chapter 4

"So tomorrow it's decided that were going to go get you fitted for your bridesmaids dress." Linda gushed with her fake smile re-plastered to her face.

Just then to break up the tension Kyle's phone rang.

"Excuse me I need to take this." He said slipping out the back door towards the deck.

I took that as my opportunity and slipped outside claiming to need some air. I sat in a chair on the patio about 10 yards away from the deck Kyle was on. I could almost clearly hear his conversation.

"Look Rachel I told you not to call me when I'm here." He said crossly into his phone. "I know, I got to go I'll call you back!" He hissed before hanging up and stomping back inside.

After a few minutes I went back inside too. I accepted my role as bridesmaid as graciously as I could manage. When in you live like the Roman's do. I was making conscious decision not to make waves. But sometimes waves have away of making themselves.

The next day I was being dragged to the bridal boutique. Irene was still sitting in a huff in the passenger's seat next to her mother. While I was stuck in the middle back between Nick's girlfriend Kymmi and a girl who was introduced as cousin Chante.

"Irene, you seem quiet is everything alright?" Linda asked her when we were about half of the way there.

"Kyle said that our photographer Rachel might not be able to shoot our wedding." She whined back.

"Oh why won't she at least give you a true answer?" Linda asked back.

"She isn't sure about her prior commitment just yet." She said bitterly.

"Well I'm sure it will all work out just fine." Linda smiled.

"The dresses she picked out are lovely." Chante began. "They look just like the bride's gown but in a very light green. Strapless and long and flowy."

"Sounds simply lovely." I said faking a smile.

Once we arrived at the boutique I was handed a dress to go try on. It wasn't the most flattering thing for any shape. Strapless with an extremely busy bodice with a plain long skirt.

"What do you think? Gorgeous is't it?" Linda called.

Don't make waves. I thought before calling back. "oh yes it is."

"I'm getting one in peach." Linda said. "Then we'll all be matchy matchy!"

"Great idea mom!" Irene glowed.

"Oh Miss Clark your back for another one." The owner of the boutique said rushing over after seeing them with a member of his sales staff.

"Two actually." Linda said as I walked out of the dressing room.

"Oh I didn't know you had another daughter." He said looking me over.

"I don't she is product of my husband's affair." Linda sniffed back. Being shockingly open, I guess she didn't want to risk anyone mistaking me for her daughter.

"Oh no wonder she doesn't look like you." He replied looking slightly embarrassed. "Are you adding her in as bridesmaid?"

"Yes, label the dress Elisabeth Clark..." Linda began.

"No do label it Lizzie Beyhan." I said quickly. "I'm not a Clark so it could get confusing."

"She is right mom Grandma Elisa is also an Elisabeth Clark and she is getting the same dress in chocolate brown remember." Irene said attempting to avoid confusion.

"Ah yes Lizzie Beyhan it is then." The boutique own said labeling a bill of sale.

"Great I think that's it then. Linda said. "Now we should probably plan the wedding shower over lunch."