Chapter 12

"So Elisabeth what do you think of my lovely son's family?" Elisa asked taking a seat next to me on the couch.

"It could be better." I sighed. "Linda has been less than welcoming, Irene hates me."

"Not surprising." Elisa smirked. "I couldn't expect anything better from them. I mean I know my son had an affair but it's not like you asked him too. She is the one that decided to stay with him despite him not being faithful. She really should be handling this better. As for Irene she is going to believe anything her mother tells her."

"Does Irene always proposition you for money like that?" I asked rather appalled at her behavior.

"Yeah sorta. It's not big deal." Elisa yawned.

"She asked you to buy her a house." I gasped.

"Oh yeah that. She thinks it's only fair since I'm covering the cost of Chante's apartment. But those are two completely different situations. Irene's future husband makes tons of money while even though Chante's husband is a doctor but has devoted his life to working a non-profit caring for the sick in Africa." Elisa explained.

"Yeah that sounds like a character thing." I replied.

"I paid for her college education as I do for all my grandchildren but she seems to think she deserves everything handed to her." Elisa sighed. "Well it's it's getting late. Good night. She added getting up.

"Good night. It was very nice talking to you." I said sleepily before heading up to my room and going to sleep.

I woke up then next morning I crawled out of my bed surprised that no one woke me up. After dressing quickly and heading downstairs I found the house empty. Well almost empty. Nick was sitting alone in the corner of the living room texting.

"Where is everyone?" I asked walking into the dimly lit room.

"Dad is at work, and Mom took Irene to the spa like she does every two weeks." He said simply not even looking up from his phone.

"Oh okay." I said as I headed back into the kitchen to find some food.

"Elisabeth? I need your help." Nick called from the other room. "Kymmi won't call me back. The Victoria's Secret thing from last night. Her family is really religious."

"Alright Nick I'll talk to her." I said snatching his phone.

Me: Kymmi It's Lizzie

Kymmi: Is this about your stupid brother?

Me: Sorta but more to discuss our crazy grandmother. Wow ain't she a pistol.

Kymmi: Yeah... She seemed nice but seemed to like making fun of everyone...

Me: She just doesn't approve of certain behavior. Like porn for example.

Kymmi: But Nick seems to enjoy it.

Me: No he doesn't... he was... just covering for his dad.

Kymmi: Really?

Me: Of course... his dad did have an affair and now controls his urges through the methods you have seen.

Kymmi: Wow I think i owe him an apology. Thank you for telling me this.

Me: I'll talk to you later.

Kymmi: Okay bye!

"You are a lifesaver!" Nick said taking his phone away as it vibrated.

He returned to the room a few minutes later. "Everything is fine. Thank you Lizzie." He said genuinely smiling.

"You Clarks are a tough bunch to win over." I smirked a my small victory.

"You Beyhans are patient enough to deal with us." He said back. "We have a day to ourselves want to swim in the pool?"

"Last one in is a hoser!" I called racing him outside.