Chapter 5

We walked to a pizza place a few blocks away from the boutique.

"Mama," Irene whined. "Why are we going to eat here?"

"I don't think Elisabeth would feel comfortable in a fancy restaurant do to her pauper out bringing." Linda said with her stereotypical fake smile.

"No really I can handle a nice place. My dad took us to nice places." I said feigning sweetness.

We took our seats and Linda ordered our pizza.

"So the shower, who is going to be in charge of that?" Linda asked sipping her water glass.

"I was thinking Chante since she knows the majority of the family and friends we are going to invite." Irene said rationally smiling at Chante.

"Great why doesn't Elisabeth be her asistant that way she can get to know everyone." Linda said positively glowing at the idea of me servicing her own child.

"Sounds great! What do you say Elisabeth?" Irene asked.

"Okay..." I said knowing my own feelings didn't matter one bit.

"Okay so Elisabeth I'm going to need you help this weekend. If were going to throw the shower next weekend." Chante said.

"Oh there is just so much to do!" Cooed Linda.

"Alas it's the pizza!" Kymmi called as our large pie came around the corner.

There was a mad dash to grab slices.

"So you're Nick's new sister?" Kymmi asked while we were eating.

"Yeah you could say that." I said still confused with the situation.

"I'm Kymmi." She said brightly.

"Lizzie" I smiled back.

"Nice to meet you." She said.

"Oh Elisabeth!" Linda called. "That Courtney lady called and requested your presence at her son's funeral.. Although we are not sure of the appropriateness of this so we're not sure about whether you should attend."

"But that was my dad!" I said instantly angry.

"No sweetie it wasn't." She said in the most condescending manner.

"No he was. More so than your loser husband anyways." I said getting up and walking out.

I turned down a street and pulled out my phone to call Grandma Courtney.

Courtney: Hey Lizzie! Everything okay?

Me: No... Not really. I just walked out of a pizza outing after yelling at Linda Clark.

Courtney: Why did that happen?

Me: She insulted dad.

Courtney: Oh I should I guessed that much.

Me: What do I do now?

Courtney: Want me to come get you?

Me: YES!

Courtney: Where are you?

Me: East St.

Courtney: Be right there. In like 4 hours.

Once I got off the phone with Courtney I saw a small park which I walked towards and plop myself on a swing.

Linda's POV

The bitch walked out. What do I do. I don't really care of she comes back to my house. I know I'll call Rob.

Rob: Hey Lin?

Me: Uhhh we are having a tiny crisis.

Rob: Need more money for the wedding?

Me: No. Elisabeth made a run for it.

Rob: What?

Me: Well we had a bit of a fight.

Rob: Not surprising.

Me: Do you want me to find her?

Rob: Uh yeah.

Me: Ohkay..

Rob: I'll call Courtney to see if she contacted her.

Me: Good idea.

Rob: Bye...

"Come on guys let's find Elisabeth." I sighed to the rest.

 After driving around for about 10 minutes I got a call from Rob

Me: Hey?

Rob: I just called Courtney and she said she is coming to get Elisabeth. I gave permission for her to go spend the night there and go to the funeral tomorrow for her son.

Me: Are you sure that is a good idea?

Rob: Well she is on her way so either way. You can go home.

Me: Okay I'll talk to you later.

Lizzie's POV

I sat on that swing waiting. I was still fuming from the  disagreement with Linda but excited to see grandma Courtney. I knew it was a long drive but I didn't mind waiting. It was comforting to know in just a few hours I would be seeing Lucy for the first time since the accident. I hadn't had a whole lot of time to think about them but just then a wave to emotion hit and I suddenly thought about how mom was lying there is a coma and dad was gone. I started to cry. Until I saw a familiar car heading towards me.