Chapter 18

That night after everyone was in bed I snuck back out of my room and headed towards Irene's room. She hadn't come home after her lunch with Kyle so she must have spent the day with him. I sat down with her computer and searched Rachel Cross again. I soon found that she had been arrested for stealing from the elderly when she worked in home-care in college.

Cute mugshot. I thought sarcasticly. I'm surprised she hasn't tried stealing from Linda if she likes stealing from the elderly.

Just then I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Which then paused in front of Irene's door. I quickly shut the window on her computer and dove under her bed just as the doorknob turn and the door opened.

"Hmmm." She scratched her head. "I must have left my computer on."

My breath shallowed as I sat stock still in my hiding place under her bed. I was taken by surprise when she jumped onto her bed causing it to hit me in the head. A slight noise of pain escaped. Which thankfully she didn't notice she was dialing a number.

"Hey Kyle! I guess your not home... Oh hey you are there. I had so much fun today! That restaurant was sooo nice! Is that place new? You sound tired. Awww sweetie! Good night... Love you too. Ha no silly you're cuter! No you are! You're the cutest thing in the world! Okay good night love!" She giggled into her phone before getting up and changing into pajamas to go sleep in.

Once her breathing became slow and regular I crawled across the floor and out of her room.

Once back in mine I finally felt safe enough to breathe normally again. I climbed into my own bed but did not sleep. What's going on here? I thought. Why is Kyle messing around if he really wants to marry Irene. And if he doesn't than why is he going through with it. I rolled over. Maybe if I find out about his job I could figure his true motives. Which were my final thoughts before I went to sleep.

"Get up!" Linda hissed banging on my door.

"What!" I croaked wearily.

"That Courtney chick has been fighting us for visitation rights and she got them. We have to bring you to see her at the mall halfway between where we both live." Linda snapped.

"So I get to see Courtney?" I gasped pulling out my phone to text her.

"Yes you do." Linda said walking away.

G-ma if it isn't too much trouble could you bring me my computer? can't wait 2 see you! <3

Then I noticed I had a text from Trent.

Hai qt! hope 2 c u l8ter ;)

I texted back.

Would love to but can't i need to go see my G-ma!

Then I got dressed and went down stairs.

"I can't believe you!" Irene hissed as I sat down at the table.

"What?" I asked worried she knew about me being in her room last night.

"Because of you I don't have a car to use today. My mom has to bring you somewhere, dad needs to go to work, and the housekeeper needs to go shopping for food. I'm stuck here all day with Nick!" She whined.

"Suck it up buttercup!" I said suddenly feeling feisty.

"Bitch!" She glared getting up and stomping out of the room.

"Did you really try to steal my computer yesterday?" Nick asked suddenly.

"No of course not I just needed to do a quick google search." I said honestly.

"I thought Mom was blowing smoke with that one. But next time can you just ask me." He said turning back toward his eggs.

"Yeah of course. I would have yesterday but you weren't home." I said truthfully.

"Elisabeth, I need to take you to see that Courtney." Linda grumbled entering the room.

"I'm ready when you are." I said walking out to the car.

When she got out there she looked at me before complaining. "I'm stuck in the car with you for an hour."

Oh shit she's right... I'm stuck with her...