Chapter 11

"Oh thank you." I said shyly.

"I'm Trent by the way. I haven't see you around here before. Do you you just move?" He ask curiously.

"Sorta, It's a long story." I said vaguely. "I'm Lizzie." I added shaking his hand lightly.

"Elisabeth! Did you forget we are in the middle of a family dinner." Linda called from the dinning room.

"I have to go... It was nice meeting you." I said softly.

"See you around." He replied as I shut the door.

"What was that about?" Linda asked when I returned to the dinning room/

"Oh some mail got delivered to the wrong place." I replied resuming my seat.

"Let me see that!" Elisa demanded as she snatched the pile of mail from me. "Bill, bill, charity solicitation, credit card offer, bill, oh and what's this... a Victoria's Secret catalogue! Who's is this? Linda doesn't have the body for any of this stuff. Neither does Irene, young Elizabeth hasn't been here long enough. So who's is it? Is my son experimenting with porn again? Wouldn't surprise me with a wife like Linda."

"It's mine grandma." Nick admitted turning red.

Kymmi gave him a pointed look. Linda's looked furious.

"More wine anyone?" Rob asked jumping up.

"You know i think i'm going to go up to bed. All this rudeness is making my head hurt." Linda snapped giving Elisa a dirty look.

"What's for dessert?" Elisa asked ignoring Linda's reaction.

"Kyle is bringing it but he got held up." Irene replied.

"This guy is not very punctual now is he?" Elisa smirked.

"He is just busy with work. After all we are trying to afford a house and help pay for an expensive wedding." Irene said attempting to smooze Elisa over again.

Elisa rolled her eyes at Irene.

"Oh I heard a car! That's probably him now." Irene exclaimed rushing towards the front door.

"Hey everyone!" Kyle called walking in before pausing to kiss Irene. "I've got dessert! A cupcake platter."

"Oh finally!" Grandma Elisa said shoving him out of the way as she headed towards the cupcakes.

I followed her over since cupcakes taste wonderful.

"So how are you liking it here" She asked between bites of cupcake.

"Not a whole lot actually..." I said honestly.

"Ah yeah Linda..." She said knowingly.

"I like how you handle her." I smirked.

"I have my fun." She said innocently.

"It's getting late..." Kymmi said coming over to us. "I think I'm going to get going."

"It was nice meeting you." Elisa smiled. "Sorry about the Victoria's Secret incident. I really thought it was Rob."

"It's fine. Nice to see you again Lizzie!" She said kindly before turning to glare at Nick again as she walked out.

"Great my girlfriend is mad at me. Can I at least get that back?" Nick asked as he snatched the Victoria's Secret magazine off the table and raced upstairs.

"Like father like son." Elisa giggled.

"Mother that is enough." Rob said turning red.

"I think we're going to turn in too." Irene said leading Kyle towards the stairs. "Good night all."

"Good nice dear." Elisa called before turning towards me and adding under her breath. "and sweet dreams you money grubbing little bitch."

"Good night mother." Rob said crossly.

"Good night." She smiled helping herself to another cupcake. "Are you going to stay up and talk with me?" She asked.

"Oh okay." I smiled as we headed towards the living room.