Chapter 6

I look up towards those familiar headlights as they approached me. To see the car getting closer and closer.

It was Rob, or Dad or whatever.

"Hey Elisabeth?" He said in a voice that would only be appropriate when trying to calm down a rabid squirrel.

"How did you find me?" I asked confused since only Courtney knew where I was.

"You can't possibly think I didn't know to call Courtney." He said as if I were 3 years old.

"She is coming to get me. And I'm leaving with her and you can't stop me." I growled daring him to try.

"I know I told her to have you stay until her son's funeral." He said looking hard at me.

"But Linda said I wasn't allowed to go." I said confused again.

"She doesn't want you to. But I see that her son meant allot to you and so you should be there." He said looking as though the whole subject annoyed him.

"David is my dad. Not you. The legal aspect isn't nearly as important as the emotional." I said as I crossed my arms tightly.

"I know." He sighed. "I chose my marriage and my kids over you. Someone else stepped into my role and now I find myself here jealous of a dead man."

"What made you choose them?" I asked. "Leaving Linda wouldn't have cost you your kids but staying with her cost you one."

"I didn't view it that way then. I tried to keep things simple for them." He said vaguely.

"Well then you should have stayed away. I was fine not knowing you or them." I snapped not realizing how angry the thought that he made me unknowingly live a lie made me.

"I would think you would want to be part a family." He said trying to cover his own butt.

"In case you haven't noticed I am part of a family. Not a facade like you." I hissed.

"You haven't enjoyed our little reunion?" He asked.

"No any sort of contact from you should of had to been okayed by me first. Not me being dragged half way across the state in the middle of the night." I snapped at his obliviousness.

"Linda and I have tried to make you feel confortable." He said in a way that he sounded like he was assuring himself more than me.

"Linda hates me." I laughed at his naivete.

"Well it is very hard for her having you around." He began. "It brings up allot of bad memories for her from the affair. Try to be patient with her."

"Why should I have to make an effort with her. You don't think this is hard for me? My dad just died, I've been dragged to a strange house with a new 'family'! I don't what to make an effort with anyone. I don't want to even be there." I said completely letting him have it.

Just then Grandma Courtney pulled up.

"Lizzle!" Lucy called.

"I have to go my sister is calling for me." I said to Rob jumping off the swing and running towards the car where i was greeted with hugs leaving Rob alone in the dark.

Robs POV

It's almost as though she doesn't want to know me. Like she hates me for leaving then forcing my way back in. Maybe I should have a talk with Linda, afterall my love child will need complete support to be properly intergrated to the Clark family.