Leavin' The Game 2

Writer's block gets crazyyy but vote & comment! ❤️

Kaydence's POV

"And keep this between me and you for right now. . If anyone asks, I'm just in Maryland for a lil while, aight?" Ocho nodded and I dapped him before grabbing the money-filled duffels and leaving, heading to my condo. I was doing this shit for a good cause but I couldn't lie, I was gonna miss it. I was in the game since a teenager and I wasn't too sure if now was the right time to leave but only time could tell. If Ayriel wasn't out being a hoe, I probably wouldn't have left but she was so I had to what I had to do. Karcyn came first.

I pulled up to my condo and got out, making my way inside. I wasn't gonna sell the spot, just in case I did need to come back to New York. Living with my moms for a lil minute was gon' be different as hell so just in case I needed a breather, I could come up here and just chill as well as watch out for Ocho. I knew the lil nigga was nervous but he had potential and that was why I was coaching him until he was comfortable enough to do things on his own.

Like he told me, he didn't have shit to live for so I was gonna help him out. He had money, a car, and a place to lay his head, we all did but he was lonely as hell and trust me, everybody needs somebody so I was gon' help him out on that too. . One of those Baltimore bitches would appreciate my lil nigga so I was bouta do some searching. I stuffed some of my clothes in the duffles after removing the racks of money that we made over the week, putting em into a hefty garbage bag. I had plans on stashing the money at Dani's if she would allow it. Once I finished, I rolled a blunt and made sure I had everything I needed before heading out.

As I rode the highway and smoked, I started kicking that high shit again. . thinking about Asia on some slick shit. I had a strange feeling she was on something and that was another reason why I was fleeing the city. A nigga ain't need no problems besides the one that I was preparing myself for which was with Dontae. I knew his pussy ass was looking for blood and I was ready, he knew what was going down with me and once he found me, all head shots were ringing off. Death was promised for somebody once we ran into each other and that was my word.

I pulled into my mom's driveway hours later where a Crown Victorian was pulling out. I waited until they left to make my way up to the doorstep and ring the doorbell, leaving everything in the car. The door swung open and she stood in the frame holding Karcyn on her hip. I grabbed my daughter and kissed her chubby cheeks as she held both sides of my face, laughing. Seeing her happy was the only thing that was important.

"Nice to see you too son. ." My mom said sarcastically. I pulled her into a side hug and gave her a kiss on the forehead and followed her into the living room, directing my attention back to Karcyn, kissing her as she held my face with one hand and gripped the chain that I was wearing with the other. I missed her.

"Aye Ma, remember that talk we had? I think I'll stay witcha' for a lil while but only until I find something out here .."

"That's fine and uh, I met with Dani today, I told her what I've been wanting to tell you. . I quit my job." She said dryly.

"Finally. You'll be alright. We'll be alright. I got more than enough money to take care of this family for a long time. Word." She smiled lightly, "Yeah well, I never wanted to depend on anyone again. You know that." She said. Pops worked hard to plant the 'don't depend on anyone' stone in both of us before he passed and he did a damn good job, Dior seemed to be following along as well.

"Relax mama. I got us." I promised. She nodded.

"And who was that who just left?" I changed the subject.