Chapter 20

(The mouth is bored) الفم هو بالملل
❤️❤️❤️
(Because the eyes speak)  لان العيون الكلام

SOFIA
I woke up at the sound of the alarm next to the bed. Wait.. I was on the bed ?? Last night I slept crying on the sofa. Then how was I here... When I turned to look around the room, I saw him sleeping soundly on the recliner. I was hurt because of what he did yesterday. But I guess he carried me to the bed... (my unfaithful heart wanted to forgive him) but this time, my brain took over.

It was 4 am in the morning and I could hear the first adhan. I was still in my gown.

I went to the washroom, took a bath and changed my clothes into a simple dress and by the time I finished doing some things like arranging the bed etc it was 5 am already. He was still there, sleeping and I saw his phone but it was switched off, I guess the battery had drained. I charged his phone because my unfaithful heart told me to do so.

And how would he wake up for prayers, the phone wouldn't ring obviously... for the sake of my God and him being my husband I decided to wake him up so that he could go pray Fajr prayer. I prayed first and then went up to him, still in my prayer dress.

I took a deep breath and walked towards him. He looked so innocent while sleeping.. looked because he wasn't !! As I reached there and stood I felt uneasy, my heart was beating faster. It's my first time being so close with a guy... a guy I'm spending my life with... although he was the same I had bumped to so many times...

I called him "Ammar... Ammar..." but there was no response. He would miss the prayer so I touched his shoulder to wake him and I felt a cold hand touch mine and he pulled me making me sit next to him.
I told him with a confident and bold and angry voice, "assalam alaikum, wake up and go pray its fajr time and it's 5 am, you will miss the congregational prayer..." and I looked down with a serious face and I pulled away my hand.

I saw him stare at me silently. And then he spoke, "waalaikum Salam, okay I am going to pray, thanks for waking me up. But Sofia first listen to me, yesterday there was..."

Before he completed I interrupted and told him, "it's okay, yesterday was yesterday, what do you want for breakfast and what time are we leaving."
And I stood up. I saw him a bit irritated and that's when he held my fist firmly pulling me down again making me sit next to him.

He then said, "Sofia, no, you are my wife now, and you have a right to know what happened yesterday. I didn't leave you purposely, there was an emergency at the hospital, someone got an accident and I had to do the surgery... and you can make anything for breakfast..."

And he left my hand and stood up, heading to the washroom. I looked at him as he left. My unfaithful heart left me, left me all in awe and my heart melted at those few words he spoke. I wanted to get angry but I just couldn't, I just couldn't...

He left to the mosque and came back at 6 am and he went back to sleep, quietly because I was reading the Quran. After finishing, it was already 6:30 so I went to the kitchen and started cooking. I just decided to make some omelette but in a different way and I called room service for some bread. And I made tea too.

It was 7:30 when I saw him, all dressed up in his thobe and egal and ghutrah and he looked at me and said assalam alaikum. I said waalaikum Salam and asked him to sit on the table to eat. He sat silently and like a typical wife I sat next to him and served him. I wasn't that hungry so I wasn't eating rather I was stealing glances at him eating.

I leaped in my heart when he asked me why I wasn't eating. I told him I didn't feel like. Well he still continued talking and said, "Eat, because today you won't be spared the whole day..." and he smiled.