Chapter 18

أنا لك (I am yours)
❤️❤️❤️
وأنت لي(and you are mine)

SOFIA
It was Friday morning. Everyone was worried including Hudaa and I. Especially when we were the ones getting married. We were so nervous and tired. Yesterday we went shopping with our in laws and moms and we went to the salon too. We were together always... Although we were ready to trust God and take a step in our new lives, we had that fear in our hearts.

It was noon and we went to the salon for our makeup. We did the henna yesterday too. Before we did the henna we bought our gowns and shoes. I chose a dark blue and white flowery dress with silvery shiny blue pumps. And Hudaa chose a beautiful white gown with white lace shoes. We liked the dresses a lot.

We were going to do the nikkah today and I was going to complete half of my deen. I felt the imaan vibes in me. I felt like I'm going somewhere... I'm doing something in my life.

It was evening already, like at 6 and Hudaa and I were sitting in the room

It was evening already, like at 6 and Hudaa and I were sitting in the room. We were covered in niqabs as our makeup was already on. The sheikh came to ask for our consents and signatures and I was to mention my mahr (A mandatory payment given to the bride by the groom)
I was so nervous but 'my unfaithful heart' wasn't. It happily signed the document of commitment.

After Isha prayer, I heard duas and laughter and prayers. I guess the Aghd was conducted. The groom had accepted and I was officially married. He was now mine and I was his... I saw Hudaa too, nervous as I.

Our husbands came to take us to the hotel for a night and in the morning we would come back for the women's event preparations and celebrations which included so many rituals which I didn't want to do but I just did them for his mom and my mom and the engagement was to occur there too.

Hudaa and I were sitting in the room, with our gowns on and all ready and glamorous. My brother Adeel,  Ammar's nephew Ali and Zayed's nephew Ammar came to call us because the cars and our husbands had come.

I was so nervous and shaky, my heart was beating louder than it had ever. I even felt I would fall down because of my heels and they were an everyday thing. I took a deep breath and hugged Hudaa, we were now going to go on our paths, our different journeys.

I saw him come up, he looked handsome and more in his groom attire, my eyes down, in my scarf and then he kept his hand on my head - I felt like fainting - and he started praying. It soothed my heart and my ears. And after that, everyone shouted, mabruk !! Mabruk !! (Congratulations !! Congrats !! )

And my heart smiled and smiled and I was so happy and then I saw him leave... my mother in law came and prayed for us. And my mom came and prayed dua for us too and hugged me with all the love in the world. And I hugged Hudaa so tightly and my sister and sister in laws and they looked sweet and they seemed to love me a lot.