Chapter 1

يا سارق القلب، (O Heart stealer)
❤️❤️❤️
(Give me back my heart, give it) رد قلبي لي رده...

SOFIA
I finally got a job after graduating however it wasn't in my home country. It was devastating to leave my family but I needed this job. I already had been away from them for 4 years of studying abroad. And even though I used to meet them periodically it just wasn't enough. I felt the missing warmth of a mother and the loneliness that always overwhelmed me and the now it was all going to come back.

"Sofia... Ya binti (dear) where are you? Have you packed your bag. You have to leave, you have a flight soon and you know the traffic in Egypt, don't you?"

My beautiful mom was shouting, her voice croaky enough for me to realize she's not been well. I could see her worried as her eyebrows pinched together at every glance she gave me. She was sad I was leaving again but she wanted to be my inspiration and she knew how much we needed this.

I was all ready when I saw my younger sister walk up to me. Her eyes were full of sleep, and her cheeks were puffed up. And as usual, yawning like an uncivilized lady with a bunch of messy, uncombed hair. She scrutinised me for a while and then said, "I will miss you, Bye."

"I will miss you too قلبي (my heart)." I replied as I bent down to kiss her forehead. Sara was 13 years old. 10 years younger than me. I basically took care of my siblings. I felt mature and responsible from a young age. We really loved each other and had an unbreakable bond.

As she went back on the bed, my 'laziest of the lazy' brother came to bid me goodbye. Though he was the youngest (6 years), he liked pretending as the most sensible. He has always made me happy whenever I sink in deep, painful thoughts. He came towards me yawning as well and rubbing his eyes.
I gave him a tight hug; so tight I could hear him say, "I am not a tomato, stop squeezing me Sof."
And I left him just that moment as I chuckled. He turned to look at me and I could see his tears nearly coming out. Zayed was so emotional and I hadn't spent much time with him. I assured him with an it's ok and I'd be back soon. He smiled and hugged me again - warning me NOT to squeeze him.

My mom was looking at us and I could see her smile, a genuine smile I prayed to Allah stayed on her face forever. She loved us so much and we all loved her too. She was the one taking care of us since my dad passed away.

I was taking my time and she said, "hurry hurry." Signalling me to now leave. I kissed her forehead and left to begin my awaiting journey in the UAE.
As I was leaving I could hear her say, "رحلة آمنة إن شآء الله" (Safe journey, If God wills).

The rays of the sunrise shone on my shades as I sat in the carseat by the window, looking outside; embracing every detail of my country. The trees that stood aligned on every pathway were beautiful, the roads looked memorable and the air of Egypt was something else. We reached the airport and the driver left. I was just on time for checking in.

I received my boarding pass and sat down to wait for boarding time while sipping some horrible airport coffee. We were called and the plane was beautiful, flaunting it's Emirati flag. I prayed my Dua (supplication) and climbed the aeroplane.

I slept for about 1 & 1/2 hours when I heard that beacause of some weather complication, we would halt at Riyadh in Saudi Arabia and then get into a connecting flight in most 4 hours. I seriously-ied myself. Amazing four hours of useless sitting in Riyadh airport. I didn't want to go get lost exploring the city and then miss my flight even though I would love that.

We landed in Riyadh and I started walking distraughtly. Sighing all the way until I bumped on to this guy ..