Chapter 16

لم أكن أريد أن يصب عليك (I didn't want to hurt you)
❤️❤️❤️
جعلت الظروف لي (circumstances made me)

SOFIA
Hudaa was going to get married in a week. I was so happy, my friend was about to complete half of her deen. I woke up early in the morning and the first thing I did was to go submit the admission forms in BurDubai Academy (the school I chose for my siblings) I didn't want them to lose so much education.

Everyone was sleeping, well not my mom obviously. It was 7 am and she was making breakfast. I went to her and I said Salam while hugging her. She had a beautiful smile on her face upon seeing me. I told her that I was going to submit the admission forms and then office and that I would be back by 12:30 pm. I then kissed her cheek and left.

My siblings got good grades like me, it runs in the family blood ^_^ The forms were accepted but they were called for an interview the next day.

I was now leaving for office. And then my iPhone rang - it was Zayed calling. Was I late or anything but I checked the time it wasn't 9 as yet. I picked up the phone and said, "Assalam alaikum, sir"

He answered, "waalaikum Salam. Sofia, I called to inform you that I have approved your leave application for 2 weeks and I won't be at office so collect your letter from the secretary and you may start enjoying from today!"

And he cut the phone. I was overjoyed. After all, the leave was for his marriage 😂😜

I went to the office, picked my letter and by 9:30 am I was home. My mom was astonished to see me so early and worried too. She asked as to what happened but I told her about Hudaa and she was happy, her friend's daughter was getting married but unhappy at the same as I hadn't got married yet. I told her I would when God wills and I went to my room to freshen up and rest.

After a short while, I heard my mom scream, "Binti, Sofia... Sofia where are you, come here. I have good news to tell you. Hudaa called and talked to me and said she missed me too... and said that someone wanted to talk to me. She handed the phone to a woman and you know what she said... there is a proposal for you..."

I didn't know what to say. Were the angels passing in the morning that what my mom said was accepted. I saw the laughter, the happiness in her eyes and I just didn't refuse to meet the guy for her.
I anyways voted for arranged marriages than love but my heart never followed me, always unfaithful to me which thought that love marriages were best. I was going to say No anyways if I didn't like the guy. Everything is destined and I trust my God.

I called Hudaa to enquire more but she just won't say who the guy is. Well I didn't bother I would anyways see him in a couple of hours. I told her to come and be with me at my time of need. of support... and in like half an hour she was there, I was so happy.

We had so many stories to tell each other and we talked the whole afternoon. It was Asr prayer time and we both prayed. Upon completing, my mom came and started telling us "Get ready they may be here in an hour. Come on Hudaa help her.. my two girls be fast. Hudaa's mom and I are finishing the cooking."

Hudaa had come with her mom and her sister Zahra who studied at BurDubai Academy too and was an age mate to my sister so they were talking a lot and bonding, though the arabics were different they communicated.
But a small someone was feeling left out, my love.. my small little brother Adeel... so he was moving in everyone's room just peeping and laughing.

We both got ready. I wore a simple lace dress which had a belt of flowers and a scarf that matched. Hudaa got dressed up too elegantly and we sat in the room. Hudaa applying light powder on her face. I denied because I wanted to look natural. I didn't want to give the guy false impressions of me.
I wasn't that excited but too nervous. It was my first time and where the heck did this woman or my maybe mother in law see me and know Hudaa.
I didn't want to give myself a headache. So I just rested, drinking a glass of juice to relax myself.