Chapter 17

جوجل غير قادر على التعبير عن حبي(google cant express my love)
❤️❤️❤️
الكلمات نفسها تقصر (words themselves fall short)

AMMAR
After I said my decision everyone was happy and excited and Zayed's mom and his sister Naylah and her small son Ammar came home. They came to help and discuss about the weddings. My mom was so excited and told her everything. After a short while, a phone rang, it was my moms, after talking on the phone I saw my mom worried, I asked her as to what was wrong...

She said that Sofia had accepted the marriage too but she wanted to continue working after marriage. I asked her, if she doesn't want a working daughter in law, she said it's not a problem as long as I agree and as long as she balances between work and family. I was ok, in fact it was great that she would work. So we called back and my mom talked and they decided to meet later for wedding dates, and Hudaa's mom was to come too.

Just as I was about to leave to go the hospital, I got a phone call from BurDubai Academy, my twins sister's school. What was wrong ??... they called me to talk about Safaa and Marwa who were late for more than three times to school. These girls ~ I guess they gave my number purposely and not dads, because they knew the trouble they'd be in, they were clever.
I thought of first heading to the school then to work. I entered my BMW series7 and left.

I entered to go to the principal's office when I saw someone... not Sofia but her brother. It was little Adeel running up to me. I hugged him and carried him and we were walking. And when I was looking at him and talking I happened to bump onto someone who looked worried and nervous and she... (it was a she..) was looking for her brother I suppose, because it was Sofia who was shouting Adeel.. Adeel.. who looked worried and was holding admission papers.

I looked at her for a second and she looked at me for 10. And then I said Salam which made her blush. I noticed her cheeks. And then Adeel went down and started telling me they - him and his sister Sara had taken admission in the same school.

Right then my two sisters came and said, "Assalam alaikum akhi (brother), the principals office is there... here it's your personal office... mhm... mhm"

They knew Sofia, they had seen her picture so they were obviously talking about her.
They then said "Assalam alaikum sister in law" and laughed, walking away, telling me to go to the principals office.

I saw her still standing and looking at my sisters then blushing.. why WAS she blushing... it was annoying. Then I heard her say, "waalaikum salam, if I may ask, how are you here?"
I answered her and told her I had come for my sisters. They were late for class today also. She told me she came for her siblings admission and Sara was in the same class with Safaa and Marwa and Zahra (Hudaa's sister). I told her take care of yourself and she said you too and I excused myself.

In the evening when I came back home from office I saw everyone at home. Zayed's family, Hudaa's family, Sofia's family and my family. I was just too surprised, although I didn't see Sofia herself. Maybe she didn't come... they had all come to discuss about the weddings and they decided that we would get married on the same day, me and Zayed and the nikkah was on Friday after Isha prayers, which was day after tomorrow.

They would have a function on Saturday and we would go to a cottage, all of us for 1 day and then the whole family would leave, leaving us couples for a week alone.
What a plan !!! I had no comments. So I kept quiet and went to my room. I started thinking.. after tomorrow I would be committed to someone now, forever... I had to give her, her rights and what she deserved... which was difficult for me but I had to do it, for Allah, for my mom, for completing the sunnah ...

Later after dinner, everyone was leaving and Zayed dropped Hudaa's family and I was told to drop Sofia's We went in my Mercedes which was tinted black and black. Adeel sat infront of me and he was an interesting boy. I loved him so much just like I love my nephew Ali.

We reached the apartment and I honked. The gate for their block was closed and it was so quiet. I told them to wait until Sofia came to open for them because I wouldn't like someone like my mother to stand.

After a few minutes she came down. She was wearing pyjamas and a scarf roughly put. She leaned on a glass wall unoblivious of where she was. Where was I getting myself in to ? This girl !! She didn't even stand straight when the car came. She looked so sleepy anyways.

Maybe she didn't know I would be here. I know she didn't see me because of my tinted car.
I bid them good bye.
Then I saw Adeel run up to her and from her face expression, I knew she now knew I was in the car. I just reversed my car and went back home.

SOFIA
After my mom told them about my condition, they didn't answer and after 2 minutes they called again and informed their decision is which they accepted the condition and Ammar had accepted too. I don't know why but 'my unfaithful heart' was so happy. I had to take my siblings for an interview in school. So I woke them up hurriedly and we left the house leaving my mother alone.

We went to school. They entered and completed the interview and the principal was happy although she had difficulties catching the Egyptian accent :) I stood at the secretary to submit the forms when I noticed Zayed wasn't there. I started looking for him and I wasn't looking to where I was walking.

While calling out Adeel I bumped into the mystery of wonders or should I say the wonders of mystery... it was him, Ammar carrying Adeel in his arms, when I saw him I could feel my cheeks blush. I tried to control the smile and the nervousness and the blushing but you know, 'the .... heart' didn't accept it. It felt different now - near him.

I then saw his two sisters come and I recognized them as Aisha had shown me their pictures. They had traits of Ammar. They saw us together. First they greeted their brother and then started teasing him. I couldn't help it but blush. And I looked at the two girls.

Then I answered him, " waalaikum Salam," and then I asked him, why he was here and he told me about their sisters. I remembered me... and I told him why I was here. And then I heard him say take care of yourself which made my heart melt and melt like chocolate on heat. With a shy voice, I answered you too and I saw him walk away. I just hope I didn't act stupid. But why did I care, that was the whole point.

I reached home early from office that day and I saw my mom telling me to hurry up, we needed to go to Ammar's house. My mouth opened and my jaw reached my stomach. I was really tired and I wasn't feeling well too so I couldn't go. They left in the evening and they came back at like 7:30 pm. They woke me up from my nap with honks of cars. I had to go down to open the gate for our block. I was so tired so I just wore a scarf and a shawl around my clothes (my PJ's).

I went down and a cars front light flashed on me. I just didn't bother to look at who it was and the car was tinted anyways, I couldn't see inside and on top of that I was sleepy.

Then I saw my mom and siblings come out of the car and Adeel ran up to me and said Ammar is there, Ammar is there. I just looked at the car and gulped my saliva. Without seeing him even, my heart skipped a beat. يا الله حمايتنا (oh God protect us). He saw me like this !