Chapter 7

لماذا يؤذيني (why did you hurt me)
❤️❤️❤️
عند ما كان كل ما عليك كان قلبي(when all you had was my heart)

SOFIA
Someone was calling me. I turned around to see my boss call me. I felt nervous as to why he was calling me. Well the nervousness was also that Ammar was standing next to him. I ignored my unfaithful heart and walked towards the two men.

Zayed had called me to offer me a lift in Ammar's car as we were going to the same place coincidentally. I had this not-so-comfortable-feeling.
He talked and talked and persuaded me and begged me, I really wondered what was wrong with him. It was just the first day we met... though I just agreed at the end.

He opened for me the front door. Well I declined and told him I would sit at the back with the boxes of medicines and stuffs (it was kinda full). Well, him being a gentleman wouldn't allow a girl to go through the struggle so he forced me to sit in the front with snug doctor.
He couldn't even spare me a smile. I just sat there quietly as if I wasn't even present and the two of them were talking and talking. (Sometimes in Arabic and sometimes English) though I understood everything, I didn't mean to eaves drop but unlike eyes ears have no curtains.

The wind was blowing, and my scarf kept on flying, *annoying* I was tying it properly and coincidentally Mr. doctor was touching the gear and we hit against each other or precisely touched each other.

I was so scared because I felt his cold, defined look on me. I turned to apologize but I just saw him ignore me, and that ego and pride of me stopped me. We went on quietly, until we reached the hospital.

AMMAR
She was beautiful. I was looking at her from the side mirror but I didn't want to cause Fitna (temptation) or anything so I turned my eyes away. We hit against each other and I wanted to apologize but my pride would never allow me to do that. She would take me for granted.
Well she didn't have the courtesy to do so either. Or maybe she wanted... I saw it in her eyes but her pride wouldn't let her either.

I wanted to talk to her about her friends condition. It was getting better, but obviously with what happened she would think I want a reason to talk to her as we aren't in the hospital and that - desperation - in me, Ammar Khalid, not really. After dropping her at the hospital, Zayed and I went to the café just next to the hospital.

It was her again. I saw her with my patient walking across the street coming towards this café. And sitting right oppositely me, (next table). She looked at me and then averted her gaze to her friend.
Did she know the patient is restricted to all these foods and drinks which includes the coffee which I heard her order. It would deteriorate my patients condition. What was wrong with this girl. Zayed was talking but my mind was elsewhere.

SOFIA
I entered the hospital. I was so delighted to see hudaa, we talked and talked and she told me about her crush on the doctor :) and I was just laughing (if only she knew how arrogant he was) well I didn't spoil her mood and didn't want to...
I heard a someone tell me that she wanted to go to a café. That too outside the hospital. This girl is crazy.. this I always knew though. She was planning to run away if I didn't take her.

But I couldn't say no, I had promised her we would do whatever she wants. Though I was worried if it would hurt her so I told her we'd go but on one condition, that she wouldn't eat anything or drink anything at the café. Well she first fought and argued and complained as usual saying,
"Sofia, you never listen to me.. it's just a coffee" *puppy facing me*
But I didn't listen and she eventually agreed not to.
So we took the hospitals permission and completed formalities to go out for half an hour and they took our passports.

We went out and I had this weird feeling. Hudaa pointed out to a café which I realized was the same place the two guys were going. I couldn't say a word.
We passed across the street and I saw a pair of hazel eyes, staring at us from... to the café ... to where we sat.

And unfortunately there was no table except the one opposite him. He looked at me, technically we looked at each other and I averted my gaze to Hudaa feeling shy. I ordered coffee which was for me. Hudaa was getting more angry and jealous. I loved irritating her sometimes.

After sometime, the coffee came. I raised my hand to take it and it all fell on me because a guy had snatched it and accidentally spilled it on me. I was so hurt. The coffee was hot, it burnt my hand.
I felt warm tears run down my cheeks but I didn't shout. But why do he do this ? Whoever he was I just felt he needed to meet a psychiatric.