XXXVII

"It's  complicated only because the two of you are making it that way. If you actually took some time to sit down and talk, you'd realize that maybe you actually feel the same, or you'd realize you don't, either way you'd now what the other one is thinking. But no, you two are acting like a bunch of kids who won't say or do anything because you're hoping the other one will make the first step."

"But she got back with Nick-"

"And you said yes to moving in with Mark, how is that any different Camila? of course she said yes to going back with Nick. They have been together for so long and you obviously didn't do a damn thing to stop her from doing it."

"Because I thought she needs some space!"

"From Nick! Not from you! Don't you get it? She let you stay with her at this girl's place-"

"Keana."

"Right. At Keana's place, in the same bed even, and you didn't even try to kiss her goodnight?"

"We cuddled." Camila protested

"Wow, watch out, hope you guys used protection."

"Jaz-"

"No! Don't you Jazmyn me now, I'm giving you some tough love which you need very much. If you called Dinah, she'd react the same, you know that."

"So, what do I do now?"

"Tell me what you want to do?"

"I want to like I don't know- a fresh start with Lauren."

"Then do it. Sit down with her and talk about it. For all we know, maybe Lauren isn't even happy with Nick."

"It would explain why she's always with Lucy." Camila hummed, deep in her thoughts

"Lucy? Vives?" Jazmyin seemed surprised

"Oh yeah, they are still best friends and Lucy has some work here so she's been staying here with us for a while, in the same room as Lauren, who by the way is not sharing a room with Nick anymore."

"And you're calling me just now? This is more fucked up than a Mexican tevenovela. You know, Televisa Presenta. I actually always thought that if she doesn't end up with you, it's gonna be Lucy. They were always so close."

"You mean, the ones you'd watch and text me about in three i the morning because Fernando realized that Eduardo is actually the mother of his sons who are also his grandparents? And no, I talked to Lauren about it, in the past and recent past, she never had any romantic feelings for Lucy and neither did Lucy for her. They are more like sisters. Like you and Dinah are to me." Camila explained

"Not quite, but something like that. Those things fucked up my life so much. But hey, I did learn Spanish by watching them. And I guess you do have a point."

"I give you points for that."

"Okay listen, my shift is about to start and I'm still sitting in my car talking to you, just, talk to Jauregui about all of this?"

"I will, yeah."

"Good, miss you Mila."

"I miss you too Jaz, bye."

Camila looked up at the sky as if all the answers to her questions are there, they weren't. Was Lauren really waiting for her to make a move? Why didn't she say anything? Even a simple I want you would be enough, but nothing. 

But then again, she knew Lauren's not the only one to blame, because if she wasn't such a coward and she made a move, maybe something would come out of it. It's not like she'd expect Lauren to just ask her hand for marriage, but she was ready to sit down and have the talk with Mark about it. Maybe not that much into details though.