VII

When morning came Lauren untangled her body from Nick's and put on one of Nick's old T-shirts that was way too big for her, almost touching her knees, she pulled her hair up in a messy bun and brushed her teeth. She looked at her boyfriend who was still peacefully sleeping and slowly made her way downstairs.

She was kind of scared to face Camila or be alone with her after last night. She couldn't deny the tensions between them and although the end of the night was pretty chill and nothing but innocent, she was aware she almost kissed Camila, and Camila almost kissed her back. Almost.

The said girl was sitting in the kitchen eating a banana and reading her book while The 1975 slowly played in the background. Once Lauren saw her she couldn't help but smile because Camila obviously didn't change a bit.

"Good morning." Lauren's husky morning voice made Camila look up

"Hey you, slept well?" Camila offered her a smile

"I did." Lauren nodded "What are you doing up so early?"

"Couldn't really sleep." Camila shrugged

"How so? You can always sleep."

Camila chuckled. "Not when Mark is snoring so loudly."

"Point taken, luckily Nick doesn't really snore, unless he's sick or something."

"Probably why you sleep with him."

"Excuse me?"

"Oh my, not like that. I mean, I remember you can't stand when someone is breathing really loud next to you. Or did that change?"

"Oh that," Lauren giggled "no, it didn't change. I usually make him sleep in the guest room when he's really sick."

"Ouch."

"You're making me feel bad." Lauren pouted

"You should feel bad. Do you remember the time when-" Camila opened her mouth to say something but quickly stopped when she saw Mark coming over

"Morning girls." He greeted them both with a kiss on cheek before hugging Camila

"Ugh, you too are too much for this early hour."

"Mhmm because you and Nick never hug in the morning."

"We live together." Lauren shrugged

"You live together?" Camila looked at her and Lauren could swear she saw sadness in them for a second

"Yeah, I moved in when Mark moved out."

"That's nice." Camila nodded

"Yeah it is." Lauren smiled "Can you pass me a banana?"

"There are some mangoes if you want?"

Lauren's eyes widened and she nodded her head enthusiastically. "Please."

Camila giggled and prepared Lauren her mangoes, cutting it into pieces, just how Lauren likes it.

"Thank you." Lauren smiled

"So any plans for today?" Mark asked

"Not really, I was actually planning to just chill and read." Camila replied

"Do you guys have something planned or?"

'No, well... kind of." Mark said

"Oh?" Lauren raised her eyebrows

"Nick and I talked last night after dinner, which is why you had to wait so long."

Both girls looked at each other, thinking about their almost kiss before looking back at Mark.