XXXIV

(A/N: because I never stated this, I kind of picture Zoe as Leigh-Anne Pinnock and Brooke as Stefanie Scott when she was a brunette.)

Lauren wakes up naked and all alone in a cold bed. She untangls the sheets from her bare body and throws on some boyshorts and an old  practice shirt with Vero's last name on it before making her way downstairs.

"I'm just saying, it's terrible." she hears Brooke saying 

"What's terrible?"

"Nothing, she's in one of her moods where she likes to analyze everything."

"I'm not. I'm just saying, every straight couple meme is like oh I gotta check my boyfriend's phone every day because I think he might be cheating but then you have like LGBT+ mames where it's like have you seen my girlfriend holy fuck how am i so lucky to have such a precious cinnamon bun next to me. Straight people are so weird. If you don't trust your partner, leave them? Like, they gonna be judging us homos for loving who we love when they changed like five husbands and have kids from another two."

"You sound like one of those Tumblr posts where the aunt asks them if they're still acting gay and they answer with something like are you still dating that bold fat dude who keeps cheating on you with every woman from your church community, you know what I mean?"

"I swear the two of you are so weird. Did you get high last night or something?"

"No, but Lauren got lucky." Brooke smirks and Lauren's cheeks turn into a shade of pink

"Ayee, you go girl."

"Zoe, can you bring me some water please?" Brooke asks her girlfriend and the darker skinned girl nods before getting up

"So..."

"So?" Lauren asks

"I talked to Mila yesterday."

"Okay?"

"You do know she still has feelings for you?"

"I'm not sure why everyone thinks I'm the bad guy in this story. I gave her almost a week to see if she'd do anything to stop me from going back to Nick, she didn't. And she told me a few days ago that she's moving in with Mark once they go back to Miami. What am I supposed to do? Beg her to be with me? She knows my heart is always gonna beat for her. It's been beating for her since I first heard her voice and saw her eyes. But she's obviously happy with Mark so... " Lauren trails off

"Laure do you-" Brooke is cut short when Zoe walks into the room

"Lauren?" 

"What?" 

"Is Camila in like abusive relationship? Because she's writing in this song and it says like scars on my body, I can look at you whenever? But then it goes like I want you forever, even if we're not together, I don't know."

"Um no. I know a part of that song. She sang it once to me, but not the whole song, she said she's still working on it."

"So, Mark's not like hitting or anything?"

"Because of the scars part?" Lauren asks and Zoe hums

"No, not as far as I know. That part is well, uhm, you see... During my senior year we had bunch of random hook-ups and one time we were on some party and we went to the garage and had sex and we didn't realize until later that she's bleeding because I pushed her against some tool."

"Someone like it rough." Zoe smirks

"She does though." A voice says and they all turn around to see Camila with a smirk on her face too