XII

Surprisingly enough, Lauren managed to stay true to her words and she didn't ignore Camila again. However, she did try to keep her distance. A both of them did, but at the same time, neither of them wanted to stay away from the other.

All the books they bought two weeks ago were read and they spent most of their days on the beach or pool, but making sure they are not left alone at any moment, just in case.

Currently, because the beach was too crowded they were chilling in their yard, having a barbecue and water fight.

"Whatcha doing?" Camila asks as she plops down next to Lauren

"Eating?"

"Your favorite thing to do." Camila says and Lauren starts choking on her burger

"Camila!"

"I was literally talking about actual food, but if your mind is so dirty maybe you should do something about it." Camila offers her an innocent smile

"Is that so?" Lauren smirks and Camila hums in agreement

"I guess I could ask Nick for help."

Suddenly, there's no smirk or smile on Camila's face, there's no emotion at all.

"What? It's not like you and Mark don't do it. I heard you last night. Tell me Camz, who is better at eating?"

Camila doesn't reply but gets up and walks away instead.

Lauren scoffs at her reaction and gets in the pool and not even a minute later three other bodies are also in the water with her.

The day was going good, great even. Both couples were enjoying this day and Lauren never felt luckier than at that moment.

Camila, however, had different kind of plans. She was set on kissing Lauren, no, she was set on making Lauren kiss her. She had to know if there's still any chance.

Don't get her wrong, she loves Mark and she's grateful for all the good things he did for her, but Lauren is... well, Lauren. She's her first love and no matter how hard Camila tried to forget about Lauren, she never really did. There was a reason her phone had a code, and it's because there was bunch of poems made for Lauren, or made by Lauren, there was tons of pictures of the two of them, selfies, candids, there were things Camila never managed to let go of.

So, when Lauren walked into the house, the younger girl decided to follow her.

"Enjoying yourself?" Camila asked as Lauren opened the fridge

"Camila..."

"You know, you may think I'm dumb but I did notice you."

"Notice me?" Lauren furrowed her brows

Camila hummed in response and took a step closer, leaving only a few inches between them.

"Do you think I can't feel you staring at my body Lauren? Did you like the show I put up for you? Does it make your knees weak?"

Lauren gulped, not wanting to reply to this, because she knew is she does, Camila wins. Although, she didn't even know the game is on. But now that she thinks about it, she can pin point the moments Camila put on the show.

"Shouldn't you be making a show for Mark?"

"Touché. But between me and you, he does think the show was for him." Camila smiled

"Does that not bother you? Flirting with me when your boyfriend is right outside?"

Camila shook her head. "A little fun never hurt anyone."