Chapter 19

~ Zayn ~

‘Casey are you okay?’ I asked Casey as we disappeared upstairs into my room. 

‘I’m okay for now Zayn.’ Casey gave me a small smile. As Casey walked to the top of the stairs, I dashed up behind her and picked her up bridal style. 

‘Ahhh!’ Casey let out a squeal of laughter and delight. I smiled. Casey felt good in my arms. Her warm pale skin against my cool pale skin. 

‘I love you Zayn’ Casey smiled as she burrowed her head into the space between my shoulder and my neck. I placed a delicate kiss onto her forehead. The second floor rooms passed me by in a blur as I carried Casey to our room. 

‘Casey, you never really told me your actual story of why you were on the run.’ I said quietly as I opened the door to my room and placed Casey down on her feet. Casey sighed. 

‘Okay. I haven’t really told you the full story. But here goes nothing....’ Casey sighed in reply.

She walked over to the edge of the bed and sat down. Casey let out a small breathe she was holding. 

‘Zayn, you want to know my story. Well this is it.’ Casey spoke softly, gesturing for me to sit next to her.

I walked over and sat down next to her. 

My name is Casey Monroe. I’m 17 years of age and am a Fallen Angel. I was on the run for months after my parents were brutally killed by The Hunter. That’s why I feared always leaving the house and going to school. Living a normal life basically in fear. I was wanted because I’m the only original born or pure blooded Fallen Angel that is ever in existence.’ Casey explained. 

She told me about her family. And how she was an only child to her Fallen Angel parents. She came home from school and found out that they had sacrificed their lives for her’s. Casey had tears in her eyes. I wrapped my arms around her. 

‘It’s okay Casey. At least The Hunter is dead now.’ I spoke quietly.

Casey cuddled into my side and I laid back on the bed. My arms were wrapped around her. The only sound filling the room was her quiet breathing. And that soon lulled me off to sleep. 

*~*

As I slept with Casey in my arms. My elemental ability started to shine through. Where ever our skin touched, I was able to slip into Casey’s dreams. And this particular dream wasn’t very pleasant at all....

*In The Dream* 

Casey ran. Black wings spreading out ready to fly. I stood there in the shadows, looking like a ghost. The Hunter chasing after Casey. 2 bodies laid on the ground in the distance. And by the looks of it they were mutilated. 

‘Casey!’ I shouted as I started to run towards her. Casey looked over her shoulder and saw that The Hunter was gaining on her....

*******

My eyes flicked open. Casey woke up with a startle. She was shaking. Quivering with fear and sadness. 

‘My parents.....’ Casey whispered.

I wrapped my arms around her. Stroking her hair, whispering sweet nothings in her ear. 

‘Casey, it’ll be okay. Your okay. You have me.’ I whispered.

Casey sniffled. Casey looked down at the hem of her pyjama top. Pulling at the loose threads that hung out from the bottom.