Chapter 9

~ Zayn ~ 

Cassie had disappeared at lunch and Angel had come over to us alone. Harry kept looking around for Cassie. But there was no sign of her. 

‘Harry, Cassie had to go to a meeting of some sort. She says sorry for not telling you but it was just a last minute thing.’ Angel explained to Harry as she took a seat next to Niall and in between Harry and Carla. Liam didn’t attend school today because of Ash still recovering from yesterday. Harry, Niall, Louis, Carla, Casey and I all managed to get to school. Just some was up. And I could sense it. Something was up with all the boys. Especially Harry, Louis and Niall. But I will speak to them later. As I was planning to speak to Liam first. We were also on lunch break as well. So we were all sitting at the table. Lunch in front of us. I looked around. Something didn’t feel right. Like something was up. Looking up towards Niall, Cassie and Angel’s Trigonometry class room. I saw the teacher looking down towards us or what I presumed to be scanning the courtyard. Looking for some one. But more than likely looking over our little group. I could see that the teacher’s eyes lingered on Carla, Angel and Casey. That is seriously creepy. 

‘Zayn, what’s the matter?’ Casey whispered quietly in my ear. Her voice tinkling like tiny little bells. My eyes flicked up to the window and back down to Casey.

‘Nothing. Thought I saw something.’ I replied as I patted my hand on Casey’s knee. 

Casey gave me a small smile. But then turned and started to have a deep conversation with Carla. My eyes flicked back up to the window. And the teacher that had been standing at the window had now disappeared. I shook my head then started to talk with Louis as Niall, Angel and Harry had begun a heated conversation. 

~*~ 

The bell rang an hour later to signal that break was over and it was time to finish off the last of our classes for the day. Casey and I had headed off to class together. Cassie met up with us at the end of lunch. 

‘Cassie, where were you at lunch today?’ Harry questioned. Cassie looked at him. Her brown eyes studied him with curiosity and something else. Something that I couldn’t quiet put my finger on it. 

‘I had to go and speak to a teacher about something....’ Cassie lied. I could tell she was lying. But I wasn’t going to say anything. Harry looked at Cassie with what looked like mixed emotions. I shook my head. Casey noticed this as well. Angel stood to the side. Whispering to Niall. Niall was blushing a bright shade of red. Casey, Niall and I had the last of our classes together. So I would have to try and attempt to talk to him. The second bell rang out over the school grounds. Students started to scatter around us. Niall came over and joined me and Casey as we started to make our way towards art. I just love art. It’s one of my favourite subjects. As we entered the class, Niall sat next to me and Casey sat in the desk in front of me. 

The teacher explained what we had to do and told us to set out to work on it. The class pulled out their sketch pads and pencils getting to work. There were small groups of people chatting away. 

‘Niall,’ I said quietly so only Niall and I could hear it. Niall looked up from his funny looking drawing. 

‘Yeah Z? What’s the matter?’ Niall asked quietly in reply. I threw a quick glance around the room before turning to him. 

‘I need to ask you a question. I’m going to ask the other boys this as well. And please be honest with me. Do you love Angel?’ I asked with a serious tone in my voice. Niall’s pale cheeks started to redden. 

‘Umm.... What do you mean....’ Niall started to stutter. Casey turned around and looked at me. I nodded my head. 

‘Niall, do you or don’t you love Angel?’ Casey asked Niall. Niall blushed an even darker shade of red. He looked thoughtful for a moment. Then looks at both Casey and I.