Chapter 2

~ Harry ~

A few days ago we moved into the town of Guardlight. A quaint little town if I do say so myself. Louis and I were out hunting. Zayn and Liam were just finishing off setting up the house. And Niall or Nialler as we sometimes call him; went exploring. It also came to the day that we had to start school. Liam came around at 6:30 banging on all the doors waking us up. 

‘Everyone up! 5 minutes to get ready and we’re off to school!’ Liam called out.

I just groaned. I don’t get why we have to get up this freaking early. Getting up, I walked over to my wardrobe and pulled open the door. Deciding on what to wear was hard. I don’t know what type of supernatural beings and mortals are going to be drooling over me. So I decided on black skinny jeans, plain grey t-shirt and a plain jumper. With my blue converses. Walking over to the bathroom, I found Zayn standing there fussing over his hair. 

‘Seriously Zayn!? Do you really have to fuss over your hair? It’s not like we’re going to see any good looking chicks!’ I sighed as I ruffled my curls in the mirror.

Then headed out the door. Liam sat in the kitchen looking over his school schedule. He handed me mine. 

‘Thanks Liam.’ I smiled.

Looking down, I saw I had different classes. Plus the school that all of us were going to attend is called Guardian High School; or Guardian High. I’m slightly nervous about going to this new school. It’s not like I’ve being to so many before. But I have to admit. This is really nerve-racking thinking about who we’re going to meet and what type of supernatural and mortal beings there will be. 

5 minutes later; Niall, Louis and Zayn came downstairs. Niall headed straight to the fridge in search of food. Did I mention that we can eat mortal food? Yeah we can. But we prefer blood over it. I don’t have anything against mortal food, it’s just preference.

‘We already to go?’ Liam asked as he picked up the car keys.

Everyone nodded their head in reply. Heading out the door. I hauled my backpack over my shoulders. It felt a little weighty but nothing I couldn’t handle. I’m a vampire of course. Hopping in the car. Liam sat up front followed by Niall. Louis, Zayn and I sat in the back. The drive to school was nerve- racking. You could feel everyone’s nervousness and the tension was so thick you could cut the air with a butter knife. The Gothic styled building loomed up in front of us after a 15 minute drive. Liam pulled into an empty parking space near the school entrance. It was just in case we had to get away really quickly.  All 5 of us got out of the car and walked into the main courtyard of the school. Every single one of the students that go here stopped what they were doing and turned to look at us. I don’t get what it’s all about.

2 girls sat in the corner of the main courtyard just chatting away. They didn’t even look up. A soft breeze blew through the courtyard; and I got a whiff of their scents. One was a werewolf and the other was an angel. But I couldn’t put my finger on what type of angel. They then both looked up. One had pretty silver eyes the other had honeycomb colour eyes. The one with the honeycomb coloured eyes made my heart skip a beat. And by the scent of it.

‘Okay. So the plan is to just act normal!’ Liam said to us all.

But I was only half listening. My brain kept wandering back to the girl with the honeycomb coloured eyes. We all nodded our heads in reply.

‘Are we all meeting for lunch?’ Niall asked. 

‘I think we are.’ Zayn replied.

I just nodded my head in agreement. There was small talk made among us while we waited for the bell to chime.