Chapter 5

~ Liam ~

I sat up while everyone had gone to bed. Louis was still out. And it was after sun down. He knew the rules with in our small coven about been out after sun down. It’s the time that werewolves and other creatures come out to play. I still remember the last town we were in. It was full of werewolves. And that was dangerous. We only spent a week there then moved on. I sat in the lounge room. Looking over the bookshelf that contained many books. One that caught my eye most was the hilarious stereotyping of vampires straight away. Even though the author had used their imagination to create the book. I pulled it out and walked over to one of the arm chairs. There were 3 arms chairs and 3 love seats or couches. The lounge room was of average size. Not to big and not to small. There was a window seat to the front of the room. Covered by curtains that were thick as a piece of cloth. Only allowing certain light to filter through. The floor was wooden, and that was right through the house. Except for the bedrooms upstairs. There were 6 rooms upstairs. All with ensuits connecting onto them. The downstairs area was covered in wooden flooring of a jarrah wood. Making it as when you walk across it with heels, your footsteps echo. Making it also look natural and beautiful. With a varnished finish. The book case was made out of a mahogany wood. The chair material were a coffee colour. Making the whole room feel homey or homish. If you want to put it that way. 

I was just getting into the 3rd chapter of the book, when the front door opened. And Louis’ voice filled the silence. I listened out through out the house to hear if any of the other boys were up. But it was only Louis and I. 

So this is our home.’ I heard Louis say to some one. I had a weird and unusual feeling about something. But I just couldn’t figure it out. Louis rounded the corner of the hallway or parlor that led down to the study and the kitchen. There was a door that linked onto the kitchen from the lounge room. Louis and some strange girl walked into the lounge room. I book marked my book and placed it off to the side. 

‘Oh Carla. This is Liam Payne. My best friend.’ Louis said as he gestured to me for the girl who stood next to him, that I presume the name is Carla. 

‘Hey. I’m Liam.’ I smiled and offered my hand for her to shake. 

‘Hi. I’m Carla. Carla Grey.’ Carla smiled and shook my hand in reply. I looked over to Louis then said;

‘Louis, can I talk to you in the kitchen for a sec.’ 

‘Okay. Umm.... Carla, you can take a seat any where.’ Louis smiled, turning to Carla and gesturing towards the chairs. Carla walked over and sat down. Well, hovered over one of the chairs and looked around the room. Louis followed me into the kitchen.

What?’ Louis asked me.

‘You remember the rules of our coven? Not to be out after sun down!’ I said nearly raising my voice in the process. 

‘I’m sorry. But I went for a walk out in a graveyard.’ Louis replied with a shrug of his shoulders. 

And? You met some one in a grave yard.... Who is a.....’ I started, gesturing with my hands. 

‘I met Carla there in the grave yard. She died a horrific death. And she’s a ghost. She wants to be human again, I think.’ Louis explained. I just nodded my head. Louis and I went back to the lounge room. Where Carla sat or floated. 

‘Hey Liam,’ Louis said to me as we entered the lounge room. ‘Can Carla stay with us? She has no where else to go. And on top of that she’s a ghost. And she has no where else to go, but float around all day and all night in a graveyard.’ 

I let out a sigh.

‘Okay. But.... She has to stay in one of the guest bedrooms.’ I said with a tone of seriousness in my voice.