Blind Beauty | 13

a/n: Not the best chapter but I think you'll like  I apologize for taking so long guys, I was just too busy to write. Also, sorry in advance if there are any mistakes. I'll fix them later.

Chapter Trece

Arlette combed her hair silently, running the comb smoothly over her damp hair. She didn’t know how she felt. There was an odd, mixture of distant feelings. They were calling to her, trying to make her remember what happened just moments ago. But she didn’t want to, even though she still felt her heart thumped madly against her chest, reminding her every second of it. It didn’t quite bother her the fact that the Beast was her first kiss, and she didn’t know if it should, but it was how he made her feel.

Perhaps he was too blind behind his ravishing desire to notice, but the way he made her feel was so enthralling, consuming,  so captivatingly deadly... Arlette felt as if she was going to explode, or worse, disappear. She didn’t even know she could feel that way. So many strong feelings - so many thoughts. They consumed her, lost her, and reappeared back again when she went back to reality. They were so difficult to be able to explain, even to herself. Arlette wondered if he felt the same, or even a string of it.

She put the comb on the drawer, standing up and running her hands over it, hoping for her cane. She hasn’t use it for what felt like ages. Not finding it, she sighed, running her hands accustomedly down her dress until she felt something in her pocket. Her cane. Arlette pulled it out, quickly snatching it open.

Maybe it was instinct.

Arlette started walking. This wouldn’t hurt, she guessed, extending her arm and grabbing the door’s handle, she clicked it open. Cautiously opening the door, she slided out, closing it silently behind her. Arlette promised herself that she wouldn’t try to escape, it was pointless anyways. She just wanted out.

Carefully walking down the long hallway, everything was deadly silent. The only thing that she could hear was her own muffled footsteps against the carpeted floor. Arlette didn’t know if that was a good or bad thing—the hallway being so quiet that is. The hallway was endlessly long, as always. She made a couple of turns. And  as Arlette kept walking she heard distant laughter. Stopping abruptly, she wondered if she should go back to the room.

Maybe she should go back, but of course, she didn’t want to. Curiosity always got the best of her.

Cornering herself to the left,  walking slowly as she hear inaudible voices become clear, Arlette stopped, placing the cane in her dress pocket.

It was feminine—the voice. But she didn’t recognize it.

“Don’t you sometimes wonder why the Prince’s chosen one never comes out of the palace? I mean, I’ve never seen her before. I’ve only heard the rumors of her unmistakable beauty.”

Arlette frowned.

“That’s none of our business, Val, just keep folding the blankets.” Said the other girl nonchalantly.