Blind Beauty | 6

Please listen to the song on the side while reading this chapter, it'll make it a gazillion times better.

Chapter Seis

            Arlette reluctantly did as told, her head pondering. She had to, there was no way she could get out of this one. She pushed her dark hood off her head, holding her head high towards where she heard the Prince's blunt and cold voice.

            Thousands of emotions swirled around Arlette—her own. Everything was all over the place inside her. She didn't show any of that on the outside of course.

            The Prince said nothing, but Arlette kept her head high and her face monotonous. This man was a beast, a cold and heartless beast whose presence could blow and batter anyone's mind. For some reason, it brought wonder and curiosity to Arlette. She managed to push it away though.

            So much for controlling herself...

            "Why isn't she running or screaming?" The Prince murmured to himself amusedly after what felt like centuries, but Arlette had heard him clearly. She knew exactly what he was talking about. And although she couldn't see his face, his very being was just as monstrous. Curiosity was desperately inching its way to Arlette's fingertips, but she shook it away as well. Not now...

            "You're not from here." It wasn't a question, but regardless, Arlette shook her head, her vibrant waves brushing either side of her face. No words were able to come out of Arlette's mouth, this was too much for her. Her mind was foggy and there were inaudible voices whispering inside her head. Without a warning, he came closer to her, just enough for Arlette to gasp and almost jump out of her skin.

            The Prince chuckled darkly, delighted at her fear and shock. He lowered his face, his lips almost brushing against her ear.

            "Do you see this face?" He asked, his voice laced with disgust and anger. "Despite the very fact that it doesn't seem bother you, my presence still potently does," he laughed again maliciously, seemingly satisfied.

            Arlette backed away hesitantly, fear crippling inside her veins. She was about to tell him she can't actually see his face, but before she could've utter a word out, she heard Ember's distant sobs call to her.

            Rage quickly blossomed inside her as the memory of Ember's torture and vulnerability hit the mists of her emotions.

            Her teeth gritted and her hands started to clench to fists ever so slightly. "What did you do to my sister?" She asked bitterly, her jaw set. Just the thought of him disturbing her sister's mind had her flaring in pure anger.

            It didn't last for long though, he snaked toward her once again, grabbing her arm forcefully, "Don't you dare talk to me in that manner ever again," his voice thundered the skies and tall rock walls. Arlette whimpered silently, eyes stinging with tears. She could hear Ember sob harder, as if she was in pain. Arlette desperately tried to get free from his grasp. A tingle of grief and cold seeped its way to Arlette's heart at his touch though.

            Arlette stopped struggling.

            His emotions.

            He was so broken. His heart was pitch black and clouded - but he had no coherent feelings whatsoever, just coldness, darkness, and regret. They stabbed Arlette. Everything was shattered. As she pressed her lips together to refrain her from letting out a scream, voices sang mournfully in her head. She tried hard to push it away. And they successfully, slowly descended.