Blind Beauty | 11

Dedication goes to ILikeFarts for the beautiful banner on the side!

Chapter Once

Arlette’s P.O.V.

Arlette was awake.

She turned lazily on her side, uncommonly feeling at complete peace. Her slumber had been heavy and seemingly long, but she was still tired, as if had carried a mountain over her shoulders. Arlette tried to ignore it though, and as she faced down on the soft, ample bed, she ran both her arms up and down, like a bird warming up its wings, feeling the soft and unfamiliar texture  with her hands. Longing to stay here longer and sleep, she stopped.

Arlette turned and faced up and her heart panicked a little as it slowly started to hammer against her chest. Where was she? She sat up, pushing her hair out of her face. The room smelled of something vaguely familiar, but she couldn’t quite put her finger on it. The room was deadly silent, and the only thing she could hear was her jumping heart. She slowly started to slide to the edge of the bed, her bare feet touching the cold, marble floor. She flinched, not expecting it. But regardless, pressed both of them against the floor, standing up.

Dizziness instantly took over her, overwhelming her, and she trembled. Without minding the nausea, she gave a small step forward. After all, she needed to get out of here, she needed to escape. She gave another step, the feeling too overwhelming now. Her legs wobbled—they were tired and swollen.

She took deep breaths, trying to relax her tense muscles. Arlette tried to take another step, but not before she heard a voice that made her come to a bold halt, making her heart  resonate through her ears.

“You never give up, do you?”

That’s why it smells familiar in here. It smells like darknesslike him.

The voice came from somewhere in the same room, but Arlette could hear it everywhere, demonstrating that the bedroom was rather big.

“You need rest,” he said, but Arlette was frozen in spot. She didn’t move, she didn’t breathe, she didn’t do anything.

There was silence, but then—

“No,” Arlette said through gritted teeth. She took another step. And another one, daring herself, and then another one, and then she started running, throwing away all the shuffling thoughts telling her to stay where she was, but before she could get remotely close to anything indicating the chance of escape, the Prince grabbed her roughly, and she screamed at the top of her lungs, crying for help.

He picked her up and threw her on the bed. Voices were screaming as he touched her, as if physical contact burned. She tried to get up, but the Prince was too strong, he held her down. Arlette felt him too close to her, and she kept on screaming, hoping somebody would be able to hear her and come to where they were. But nobody came and then she felt his lips on her ear as he whispered roughly, “Calm down or I’ll make you sleep for weeks,” his voice was threatening, dark, poisonous.