Bonus Chapter!

Beware: this is long, take your shoes off and relax. [Please read author's note at the end as it is very important.]

Bonus Chapter

Ember's P.O.V.

Ember was certain the worst things happened when they shouldn't happen—when they rarely ever happened. That certain, precise time just had to come and snap! it was done and the next thing you were aware of was the sick knot in your stomach and how annoying the situation turned.

Today. Fate, today was the definition of hectic. There were about twelve maids, all in a single room with Ember and Cade, all waiting for Arlette to arrive.

Arlette was painfully late. 

Of course, Daisy was beyond insane about it.

Ember had been telling her that she will be back soon, but Daisy wouldn't have it.

Daisy shook her head, looking down. Ember started to rub her shoulder, trying to soothe her nerves as she glanced at one of the maids who looked at Ember with concern settled on her light features, making Ember really start to worry.

Cade sighed, announcing, "How about we all calm down and wait—"

"I'm here!" Arlette slammed the door open, smiling widely as she entered like she wasn't ridiculously late, but her smile quickly flattered when she saw the flat faces of everyone.

Closing the door behind her, she quickly said, "Save it, I know I'm late and I'm sorry,"

Before Ember, or anyone, could do or say anything on the matter Daisy shoot like crazy towards Arlette with the hardest look she could muster, which actually looked hilarious. Ember tried not to laugh as her adorable features scrunched up. "I thought...I thought you ran away or something! Where on the Lands were you, Arlette? I swear—"

"I was with Elsa," Arlette simply said, looking around at all the maids scattered in the room.

"I knew it," said one of the maids, as if something finally clicked in her head.

Ember glanced at the maid who said this. She had wavy, ginger hair and freckles scattered on her nose and cheeks. The short, freckled maid had dark eyes and pale skin. She did said she thought Arlette was with Elsa, but she had said it with doubt, as if she was not really sure, making Ember not really rely on her answer much.

"At least you could've told us," suggested Ember, shifting her eyes back at sister expectantly.

"I thought I told one of the maids..." Arlette seemed to think about it, frowning. "Yes, I did." Then she looked up, her eyes landing on the short, ginger maid. "I told you,"

Ember glanced back at the maid, noticing how her hands shook slightly. "M-my apologies, my lady. I'm not very good at remembering what people tell me,"

Arlette smiled at her. "Don't worry, it's okay."

"Well, you should've told me before you forgot, Cass. You usually do that," Daisy remarked, her voice flat. 

"I know, I just—"

"Alright," Ember clapped loudly. "Enough chatting, Arlette is here. Let's get to work,"

➳