Chapter Twelve: indecisive

Message from Tee: A small update...nothing spectacular but I really wanted to at least put something out. Merry Christmas guyss, and happy holidays. Hopefully, I can get my laptop back soon, it's currently getting fixed ans its expensive af too, so Jan 2014, I should be more active with the updates. Thank you all for supporting me and being so patient. I really do appreciate it. :-)

JAIDA

I was happy that my baby was acting normal. With Kelson around, I was confident that everything would be alright, but at the same time I was nervous about letting him in again. He's hurt me so many times that I didn't want to put myself through all of that again.

He had been checking up on me frequently, maybe twice, sometimes three times a week. He'd text me to check if I was eating and taking my prenatal vitamins. I appreciated it, and honestly, if it wasn't for him, I'd be deep into my depression but for right now, I was just trying to keep my head above water.

"Hello." I answered my phone, picking it up as it vibrated on my nightstand.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Kelson's voice softly met my ears.

"Good..I guess." I sighed.

"Well..I just wanted to make sure you were feeling okay before I went to bed."

'Like every night.' I smiled a bit to myself.

"Well...thank you." I replied, "I'm fine."

"Good to hear. How was your day?" He continued the conversation.

"I just laid in bed. Eating. " I looked down at my stomach, I was already four months along and my stomach was now quite round. But still, my stomach was small compared to how it should be which wss disappointing to me.

"That's not very productive, and pregnancy isn't an excuse to be lazy, Jaida." He said with reluctance.

My emotions have been out if control so I understood his caution.

"Well...I'll have you know that pregnancy may not be a good enough excuse but certainly, getting kicked in the stomach by a 14 year old is." I said, knowing it would shut him right up.

"Right." He said awkwardly, "well anyways ive got s busy day tomorrow so, I'll talk to you later. Good night, Jaida."

"Good night, Kelson." I said solemnly and hung up.

I hated sleeping alone. This just wasn't how I imagined my first time being pregnant.

KELSON

With Bella out of my life, I had more time to focus on my daughter, Jaida and our baby on the way. We've been able to coexist with each other but not necessarily be together. It had been 2 months since my divorce and Jaida was still distant with me, like we haven't already interacted in the most intimate and intense ways.

I got up, and cleaned myself up. It was 10:30am and Kamilla was away at a sleepover til Sunday so I had free time to do what I wanted; And all I wanted was to be near Jaida. After getting dressed, I headed over to her apartment. I knocked on the door and waited patiently. After a few minutes, Jaida opened the door. Her hair was up in a messy, high bun. She wore loose fitting pajama pants and a white tank top, with no bra on underneath. I couldn't help but stare at her perky breast, that had gotten bigger since the last time I saw her.

"Came to see me or my boobs?" She asked, snapping me out of my trance.

"Both." I joked and chuckled a bit. She gave me a slight smile in response and walked into her living room.

I entered her house and took a seat next to her.

"How have you been feeling?" I asked as she watched the episode of "The Young & The Restless".