Chapter 13: Give up

KELSON

"What happened?" I asked.

"I'd prefer to talk about this in private." She said.

I walked from Kamilla's door went into my own room. I sat on the edge of my bed and watched as she entered the room. Bruises covered her wrist and upper arms, andas much as I wanted to rub it in her face, I couldn't.

She shut my door and leaned against it, "I bet you're happy to see me like this huh?"

"Surprised to say the least." I said nonchalantly.

"What happened?" I asked again.

"I was coming from the bank after making a large withdraw of the last 5 million. I was going to use it, but I didn't want the bank to hold it because I felt like everytime I went into my account money was missing." She explained.

"Maybe you were spending it on pointless shoes and clothes." I said.

"I know I did. But regardless, I had just gotten into an argument with Jack in the morning. I had asked him for some money cause the chump change you gave me was running out and he said 'No.' When I went back to seduce him into giving me money he saw some of the money in my purse, calling me a gold digger and just like his wives before he lost it on me." Her voice cracked as her body shook in sobs, "He hit me like some kind of man."

I found it hard to feel bad for her after that story. But, I was against hitting woman and after being with someone for so long, you cant help but feel some form of compassion. She slid down and sat on the floor and cried into her hands.

I sighed and got up to console her. "Im really sorry that happened to you, Bella. But I don't know what you want me to do." I said as I sat next to her.

Yeah,  I hated Jack for my own personal reasons but I had Jaida and Kamilla, I wasn't risking my freedom for Bella if she thought I would be the one to retaliate for her.

"Just hold me." She replied instead.

My eyebrows drew together in confusion.

"Please." She pleaded.

I sighed and wrapped my arms around her allowing her to cry into my chest. Hours later she laid asleep in my bed, her body tightly clinging to mine. I desperately wanted to get up and leave because I felt like I was doing something wrong. I know Jaida and I aren't together exclusively but I loved her and I didn't want Bella to give her the wrong idea. I fell asleep a few moments later. 

 But when I got up, there was only one thing on my mind, making it clear to Bella that I was happy without her. I showered and brushed my teeth before heading downstairs. Bella still laid asleep, and as much as I wasnt fond of her, I didn't disturb her slumber.

I started on breakfast as my phone rang. "Hello?" I answered.

"Good morning." I heard Jaida's soft voice say through the phone. I couldn't help but smile.

"And for what reason am I, receiving a call from the great Jaida?" I joked with a hint of truth.   Jaida never called me anymore, I always had to call her first.

"Well.." she laughed, "I was just wondering if..."

"Goood morning, Kelson!" Bella's loud voice overpowered Jaida's.

"Wondering what?" I asked her.

"Um, never mind. You seem busy anyways. Bye Kelson." The disappointment and sadness was written all in her voice.

"No, Jaida I-" She hung up before I could even finish.

I tried to call her back but she didn't answer.