Chapter Sixteen: New Chocolate

JAIDA

The next day I had my stuff moved into our new house. I brought Snow over to our new house and she seemed to love it. She was running wild with all the new space she had offered to her. As soon as the movers were done settling everything in, Kelson and I drove back to hospital. 

"Babe." I said. 

"What?" He turned down the music, and looked over at me quickly before focusing back on the road. 

"I've been thinking..Jania [JAH-ni-A]." 

"Jania?" He asked confused. 

"Yeah. Janavia sounds soo..soo..I don't know. I like Jania better. Nia for short." I said. 

I didn't like the name that much, and since we didn't do the birth certificate yet, we still had time to change it.

"I like whatever you like," He smiled, "As long as I have you and our baby, I'm happy." He kissed my fingers as we pulled into the parking lot. 

I moved slowly because I was still in a bit of pain, but I did take advil earlier to help with the pain. Kelson assisted me as I walked out. He had been helpful, and didn't even want me to move on my own, but I had a baby, not a leg amputation, I assured him I was fine. 

We went to the room where our baby was being kept. 

"She is just gorgeous." I gushed, last time, I didn't get much time to see her or touch her but now I had time to take it all in, and I felt overwhelmed. 

"Isn't she?" Kelson added, which brought me back to reality. 

She was sleeping soundly in her incubator, she looked as if nothing in the world could disrupt her peace, and as long as I was breathing, nothing would. 

"When can we bring her home?" I asked the nurse.

"Maybe a couple weeks...maybe a month. It's important especially with premature infants that we play it by ear, things could change at any moment. But you've got quite the fighter. She's been really good so far, and a favourite with the nurses and doctors." She told us, "She's adorable. Congratulations." 

"Thank you." I smiled at her. 

I sighed, "I just wish we could have brought her home now. Ya know?" 

"It's alright, baby. We'll have her with us soon." He kissed my cheek, to give me some reassurance. 

The nurse left, leaving us alone, but returned almost 30 minutes later.

"Uhm.. Mr. and Mrs. Manning, there's some people here that want to see the baby." She told us. 

I looked at him, "Your friends?" 

"Your guess is as good as mine." He shrugged.

"Okay, let them in." I told her. 

She nodded. 

To my surprise, my mother came in, looking cautious as ever. I sighed, and shut my eyes trying to channel all the calm energy I could. Kelson's hold on my hand grew tighter with anger.

"Relax." I told him as she reached us. 

"Hello Jaida." She gave me a weak smile.

"Jennifer." I said coldly, letting her know where we stand. 

"I deserved that. I just...I just came to see the baby, and you. See how you're doing." She said, her voice cracking. 

'Stay strong Jaida, don't let her tears sucker you in again.' I reminded myself.