Chapter 20: The Proposition

KELSON

I sped through the streets, frustrated. I sacrificed so much to be with Jaida and she just seemed so...so..so ungrateful. If it wasn't for me, she wouldn't have half the things she acquired. I understand she doesn't like things thrown back at her, but at least show some appreciation. This is what pushed me away from Bella, the ungrateful, bratty, entitled attitude.

I pulled up to the Marriott and handed the valet my keys;

"Let me get the penthouse suite please." I said as I approached the desk, I was sweating with frustration. I didn't even get to take my suit off before Jaida jumped down my throat.

"Nice to see you too, Kelson." The small brunette behind the desk smirked at me.

I couldn't remember how I knew her, but I use to come here a lot when I was with Bella. Hell, I came here with Jaida.

"You too." I smiled.

Her small round face didn't smile back, "You never called me back after that one time." She said as she typed away at her computer.

"I'm sorry...." I searched for her name tag across her large round breast, "Dana. You know how crazy life can be."

She sighed, "Or your wife can be." She looked like she thought she caught me in a lie, I never hid being married from anyone I slept with.

I leaned on the counter, and used my index finger to signal for her to lean in as well. She leaned closer to my face, with just an inch separating us, I whispered to her sternly, "Do your fucking job, Dana, before you lose it."

She gasped, quickly retreating back. She put the key on the counter, "There's no penthouses available, floor 3, room 314." She said dryly.

"Thank you, sweetheart." I smirked, and grabbed the key off the counter, "I have a guest coming, when they arrive, send them up." I ordered.

I entered the elevator, more annoyed than before. I'm sure there was a room available but what I know about women, they can be so bitter. I didn't care about the room. To be honest, it's better I stay in a regular room. A penthouse would leave Jaida suspicious if it ever came up.

As I entered the room, it had two queen beds, a medium sized flat screen and not much of a view. I threw my blazer one of the beds and flopped onto my back on the other one. I just needed to get away, relax and for once, not be stressed. I saw a bottle of tequila in the mini bar, and drank it straight in one shot. The burn coated my throat and chest, the warmth of the alcohol was.. comforting.

Moments later, I heard a knock on the door, I looked through the peephole before opening it.

"Are you calling me to give me my..."

Before Olivia could finish, I grabbed her by her throat and threw her against my wall kissing her deeply. She pushed me off, and shut the door.

"Are you drunk?" She asked, with a face I couldn't read.
"Why do you want me to stop?" I asked, hovering over her.

She paused for a moment before kissing me again, moaning into my mouth. I ran my hand up her thigh, squeezing hard making her moan again. The black silk slip dress she wore was just long enough to brush the tops of her knees with a long slit along the side. I picked her up, pushing her up against the wall, kissing her passionately. This felt good, this felt...simple.

JAIDA

As always, I was left with my newborn after another one of Kelson's tantrums. He had no right to treat me like he did, then gaslight me like I'm the bad guy. I ate at the table alone after putting our daughter to bed, while he probably was resting peacefully at some bougie hotel. I was so sick of his shit, he can't even be a man and stay while we work through our problems. But this is my karma, I've been thinking about my decisions a lot lately, and him acting like this must be the universe finally telling me, I'm getting what I deserve. I thought our last break up established healthy boundaries, respectful communication, but it's clear that again, I was wrong about him. Some days, there's the man I love and other days it feels like I'm with a complete stranger.