Chapter Two: Satisfied

JAIDA

"He's been calling me for weeks." Mr. Hempsworth laughed. 

"Yes and he will continue. I don't care, he was a horrible employer." I scoffed. 

"You're amazing, Jaida, he made the biggest mistake and now he knows it." He smiled. 

"Thank you, sir." 

"What'd I tell you about that?" He scolded. 

"Sorry, Jack." I corrected. 

"Better," He smiled. "But, I'm going to give you the rest of the day off, it's Friday, you're young, go enjoy yourself." He said. 

"Oh..thank you." I smiled, Ashley would be happy to hear this. 

I stood up and left the office building. When I walked outside, a black car was parked outside, with the cheaffuer standing at the door. The door opened and there he was, Mr. Manning. Standing 6'1" in his black suit, that probably cost more than my whole entire closet. 

"Hello Jaida." 

"Do I need to get a restraining order?" I said as I approached. 

I put my hand on my hips and looked at him. 

"I just want to talk to you." He said. 

"You've been calling enough..if I don't answer, I don't want to talk to you. I'm not going to work for you, I'm done. You fired me, be satisfied with your decision. Have yourself a good day, Mr. Manning." I said and strutted down the street. 

I loved the power that I had, the power to say no, usually I never did, but I was no pushover. Finally, I wasn't the one being bossed around, and I could see it in his face that he didn't enjoy being on the other end of disrespect. I headed over to Starbucks and they all knew me there by now. 

"Hey Jaida, early lunch?" Crystal smiled. 

"Better..got the rest of the day off." I replied. 

She already started making my double chocolatey chip frappichino.

"Ugh, lucky girl. I'm here all day." She sighed. 

"But, you're getting paid." I told her, giving her the brighter side of working. 

"I guess you're right. Have a good day." She said and passed me my drink. I paid and was out. I strolled down the street to where I had parked down the road. I called Ashley with much excitement. 

"GUESS WHAT?!" I said as I got into my car. 

"What?" She laughed. 

"I got the day off, and I am willing to hit the club with you tonight." I said.

"YESS!" She screamed, "Uhh, it's about time, I can finally stop all my begging." She sighed. 

"See you at 11." I said and hung up.

I decided to get my nails done because it was something I hadn't done in a long time. I just got rounded stilletto nails with a french tip. When I was done, I headed home and got myself together. It had been so long since I had time to myself. I took a bubble bath, treated my hair, and took my time to get ready. 

                                                                         **

By 11pm sharp, Ashley was at my door. She was way more excited about me going out than I was.