TS&TBHB 1

"You are getting married."

Those four simple words would change my life forever.
Those four simple words were something I never thought I'd hear.
Those four simple words shattered everything I had ever hoped and dreamed of.

When I thought of getting married, I never imagined it would be at the young age of 18. Sure, I had dreamed about it; after I finished my schooling and got my life sorted out first. I never thought it would be while I was still in my last year of high school. It wasn't at the top of my to do list; it was at the very bottom. I wanted to go to college first, get a major in something--not sure what--get a career in whatever I chose to major in. Than date and hopefully find someone I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

But, my life didn't turn out that way. My father made sure of it. I thought it was all a joke, but, I was wrong. Oh so very wrong. My once no-nonsense-no-boyfriend father had now turned into the you're-getting-married father. Such a major switch in such a short amount of time. I preferred the former a whole lot better.

I was Thanksgiving 2011 when it happened. I can remember it like it was yesterday.

*****************************

Ah, Thanksgiving! My favorite holiday of the year. I loved it more than Christmas. My friends never understood that and neither did my parents. It never fazed me though I loved it anyway. My family and I were sitting around our dinning room table enjoying the meal that had been prepared for us buy our personal chef. Jean always cooked the most delicious meals and tonight was no different. I didn't think that tonight would be different from all out other Thanksgivings together. Until my father decided to drop a major bomb on me.

"You are getting married." he said than took a sip of wine. 

I laughed; this was some sort of joke. "Stop playing daddy." I giggled

"Your father is not fooling around, Mallory." My mother said; her face a mask of seriousness just like my father.

I took a small sip of wine shaking my head. "You're mother is right, I'm being serious. You'll be getting married when you turn 18." my father said causing me to spew my wine all over my little sister--Maria.

"Eww!" she squealed wiping her face with her napkin.

"W-what?!" I sputtered; eyes widened in shock or disbelief; I wasn't sure which.

Surely, my parents were joking! I didn't even have a boyfriend, hell, I wasn't even casually dating anyone! That had to be joking, right? I looked at them from across the table. They sat there as if nothing was amiss. Perfectly composed, faced masked, clear of any emotion.

"Please, please tell you're joking." I gaped; it was a joke. It just had to be!

"We are not joking around." my father said looking me dead in the eye. "It has been arranged with Mr. and Mrs. Chase. You and their son Xavier will be getting married when you turn 18." 

"So, what you are telling me is, I am to get married to someone I don't even know, in two months time?" I questioned looking between my mother and father.

"That is exactly what he is saying." My mother answered

"Daddy, please, don't make me do this!" I begged breaking out the puppy dog eyes that worked like a charm--just not this time.

His eyes visibly softened "It's already done." he said gravely. I could see in his eyes that he wished he could take it back and give me the answer I so desperately wanted; but he didn't.

It felt like the air had been knocked out of me. I could breath. I couldn't see through the tears that had so quickly clouded my vision. How could they do this to me? How could arrange a marriage between their own daughter and a damn business partner? Did they not love me anymore?

"W-why...why would you do this to me?" I whispered looking down at my hands that were folded on my lap as the first tears began to fall. "Why?" I cried looking up at them.

"It needed to be done." my mother said "Your's and Xavier's union would ensure the merger of our companies."

Oh, how I couldn't stand the woman I had to call mother. All she ever thought about was money and how she could get more! I wanted to scream at her that we didn't need the money she knew she'd get out of this merger. We had enough! We didn't need anymore! Couldn't she see that? Was she not content with the life we were living? Was it not to her standards that we lived in a house most people would a mansion? Did she not like that we had a staff that waited on us hand and foot? Was none of it good enough for her?

"I can't do this right now." I whispered "May I be excused?"

"You may." my father said

I stood from my seat and made my way out of the dining room. As I made it around the corner where I was sure no one would see me I sprinted up to my room. Locking the door behind me, I collapsed on my bed and cried to my hearts content. Maybe I would wake up and this would all be a dream. That was my final thought as I passed into a fitful sleep.

******************************

November 25th 2011 would forever be a day that I would never forget. The day that changed my life without any consent from me. Nothing would ever be the same again.

******************************

I know what you're all thinking 'ANOTHER STORY! ARE YOU SERIOUS!' lol...please tell me what you think...Should I continue? Good? Bad? Don't Care? Let me know I can take it =)

Vote...

Comment...

Fan...