Chapter Sixty:

Oswald stumbled over a fallen garbage can as he made a faulty jump over it; a dog tied up nearby began barking wildly in response making Lee only run faster.

"Where the hell is that damn car?" Oswald panted as he ducked into another alley and splashed through a puddle of melted snow.

Turning out of the ally, he finally spotted it and pulled open the back door, jumping inside.

"Come on; let's go!" Oswald shouted, lying down in the back seat to keep from being seen.

"I have the best place for you to go," a voice answered from the driver's seat which was definitely not Russell's, and, looking up, Oswald was met face to face with a police officer's gun barrel. "No funny business," the cop said lowly as Oswald swallowed and began eyeing him up and down.

The back door opened then and two other officers grabbed Lee by his coat and yanked him out of the car.

"You have anything to say for yourself?" a younger cop asked as he cuffed him.

"This is police brutality!" Oswald snarled.

The cop sneered and began taking him to the nearby patrol car.

As Oswald was pushed into the back, he noticed another was in the back seat with him, Russell.

"H-how did they get you too?" Oswald whispered as the cop slammed the door.

Russell curled his lip and turned to look out the window as the engine roared up.

"Either way...why tell them about me?"

"I didn't need to, Lee," Russell growled under his breath, facing his partner with angry eyes. "They found my car before they got me and then...so stupid...then a bunch of them pigs saw you run out! Why in the fuck would you go out the front door!?"