Chapter Twenty-Nine:

"A girl," Jackie beamed as she and Jack settled on Marine One. "We're going to have another girl."

"I am so happy," Jack told her as he rested his arm around her shoulders. "Do you have any names?"

"Hmmm...," Jackie thought as she rubbed her stomach, deep in thought. "Not yet."

"I think she should have the same middle name as you," Jack suggested as he looked proudly at his wife.

"Lee?"

"Yeah," Jack smiled. "I like your middle name and she should have the same one."

"Alright," Jackie smiled at him before resting her head on his shoulder and closing her eyes in contentment.

After a few moments Jack said, "You know this will be the last month you'll be steadily campaigning with me, so make it a good run."

"Oh definitely," Jackie replied looking up at him. "But if you need me for any big days after April you know where to find me."

Jack chuckled at her before stating, "Pierre and the Press are going to want a statement when we get to the White House-we need to stop there before Hyannis-so what do you want to tell them?"

"Just that you accompanied me on one of my monthly appointments, nothing more about the baby. Let's keep her gender under wraps till she's born."

"I agree," Jack nodded.

They flew the rest of the way in compatible silence and by the time they reached the White House Jackie had already dozed off on Jack's shoulder.

"Mr. President, we have landed," the pilot informed as his co-pilot opened the door and set down the stairs.

"Thank-you," Jack called back as he nudged awake his wife.

After blinking her eyes a few times and rubbing her neck, she managed to stand with a small stretch and head to the stairs. Jack allowed her to step out first and as they un-boarded they heard the excited screams of their children as they sped away from Mrs. Shaw, who was hurrying after them.

"Mummy! Daddy!" John and Caroline shouted as they hugged them.