Chapter Twenty-Four:

The dinner just finished around 10:00 and Jackie was still bored out of her mind. She thought that the dinner would signal the end of the night completely but Jackie received a shock upon realizing that it didn't officially "wind down" till at least 12:00.

'What does everyone possibly talk about around here?' She hissed to herself as she delicately brushed back her hair. 'It's just a gathering of Democrats and their supporters.'

Spotting Jack standing alone, finally, she quickly walked up to him.

"Jack!" She called to him quietly as she came up behind him and poked him in the ribs.

"Ah!" He exclaimed softly as he spun around. "Jackie, I hate it when you do that."

"What?" Jackie smirked as she tilted her head in mock confusion. "This?"

She jabbed him in the ribs a little harder this time.

"Christ, Jackie, stop it!" Jack hissed as he grabbed her hand, struggling not to smile. "Someone is going to think you're crazy."

"Mmm, maybe I am," she returned, taking back her hand with a shrug and a mischievous grin. "You want to cut this night short?"

Jack raised an eyebrow at her and replied, "Why...?"

Her eyes seemed to darken as she leaned toward his ear and whispered seductively, "I was thinking something along the lines of a little ménage de deux... "

Jack took a step back and just stared at her, shocked at how raw she was, "You what?" but that surprise quickly faded away as he smiled devilishly back at her and added, "Just give me a minute to make our excuses politely. Don't you have a headache?"

"I think I feel one coming on," she told him with a wink before disappearing toward the door.

Jack's eyes followed her across the room before he turned around and bumped right into Pierre, perfect.

"Hey, Pierre, I'm going to check on Jackie, she just left saying she wasn't feeling well. Would you please give my regrets to the other VIPs?" Jack asked him quickly, trying not to sound too eager to leave.